Twistpad Carthago Software forums / Twistpad /  

BUG (v2.2): Auto Correct doesn't properly support unicode.

Jon
#1 | Posted: 3 Apr 2012 00:50 
In my case, I was setting up auto correct entries for fractions including the high unicode values of 1/3, 2/3, 1/8... etc.

When copying the symbols from the Windows Character Map into a TwistPad document, everything works fine.

However, when I paste those same values into the replace WITH edit box on the auto correct preferences page I get strange results as shown in the screen shot. The high unicode values appear in a different font in the edit box, and are replaced with "?" when the entry is added.

Furthermore, when the actual auto correct is triggered, "?" are inserted even though the earlier copy/paste test showed that TwistPad can recognize unicode.

So, it appears to me that it's just the entry and storage of the auto correct items that don't seem to support the extended characters properly.

I hope this helps with a fix. Thanks!

Andre Santos
Carthago
#2 | Posted: 3 Apr 2012 06:07 
Hi Jon,

Thanks for that.

you are right, Twistpad does support Unicode, but the storage of this functionality does not (Twistpad started as an ANSI only editor)

This is fixed in time for Twistpad 2.3 (due to be out soon)

Thanks again,

André Santos
Carthago Software Support
http://www.carthagosoft.net

Jon
#3 | Posted: 4 Apr 2012 23:27 
Great! I'm looking forward to the new version.

Thanks André.

Twistpad Carthago Software forums / Twistpad /
 BUG (v2.2): Auto Correct doesn't properly support unicode.

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.