What is AeroBlend?
AeroBlend automatically changes the Windows accent color to match the current wallpaper or active application icon/contents.
When in wallpaper mode, as each wallpaper is changed, either manually or via the Windows slide-show, the Windows accent color will change to match the wallpaper.
Additionally other modes include using the active application icon, it's contents or even set the color manually by picking on the desktop or choosing a specific color.
AeroBlend uses a quick algorithm to obtain the predominant or average color of the current wallpaper, current application icon or window content. Both the Color intensity and transparency* can be customized, as well as other options.
Since version 8, Windows already has Auto-Colorization built in, why should AeroBlend be used in Windows? Find out in our head to head between AeroBlend and Windows!
* Some options are restricted per platform
Version 2.0 - Released on 7 November 2022
- Support for Windows 7/8/10/11*
- Native 64 bit version now available
- High DPI support
- Support for PNG wallpapers
- On Windows 8, the Background colors (Start, settings, etc) are also set
- Registry replaced by Settings file
- Portable option in Setup
- Fixed: Sometimes picking a color from screen would be stuck
- Removed automatic tray icon option
- Bug fixes and optimizations
Microsoft and Windows are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation. Microsoft Corporation in no way endorses or is affiliated with Carthago Software. All other trademarks are the sole property of their respective owners.
- Microsoft Windows 11 / 10 / 8.x / 7
- Portable option included in the Setup
- Some options are restricted per platform
AeroBlend is freeware. It can be freely used and distributed in commercial and private environments but is subject to the terms and conditions of the license agreement.