Bug: typo in registry setting

Hydra
#1 | Posted: 18 Jan 2009 17:22 
The shell extension handler sets up a registry key with a value of

"Twsitpad Context Menu Helper"

I found it here: HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{F04D8AF4-8044-4891-A350-A60552441B49}

Hydra
#2 | Posted: 18 Jan 2009 17:31 
Also, while you're there, can you add a keyboard accelerator to the context menu that appears, i suggest using the W as an accelerator as that doesn't seem to conflict with anything.

Andre Santos
Carthago
#3 | Posted: 19 Jan 2009 16:29 
Hi, Thanks for pointing out that, rolling out an update right now.

Hydra wrote:
Also, while you're there, can you add a keyboard accelerator to the context menu that appears, i suggest using the W as an accelerator as that doesn't seem to conflict with anything.

I did not do a lot of research but I think keyboard accelerators are not possible in explorer context menus as you can see in the screenshot of Windows XP:

I tried to include it, but instead of the letter underlined, the & would appear before the W.

Thanks,

André Santos
Carthago Software Support
http://www.carthagosoft.net

Hydra
#4 | Posted: 25 Jan 2009 06:08 
You definately can have them, though you may have "Hide keyboard shortcuts until i press alt" turned on - the default since Windows XP.

Ultraedit, for instance, uses the accelerator 'U' which was very handy indeed. Maybe take a peek at their shell context .dll file in a hex editor for some clues.

Twistpad Carthago Software forums / Twistpad /
 Bug: typo in registry setting

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.