Twistpad Carthago Software forums / Twistpad /  

Feature requests

Matt
#1 | Posted: 31 Aug 2007 14:16 
I really like this text editor, but there's two things that I'd like to see added:

1) A file explorer. The project tends to be a hindrance. I like to just use a folder as a project. I've been using the e-Text Editor which uses this method.

2) Statistics: Word count, byte count, etc.

3) Double click the tab bar to create a new empty text file

4) Save unsaved files and auto-reopen them when reloading the editor. This is another e-Text Editor feature I really like.

It's a great editor, keep up the good work.

Andre Santos
Carthago
#2 | Posted: 1 Sep 2007 04:28 
Matt wrote:
1) A file explorer. The project tends to be a hindrance. I like to just use a folder as a project. I've been using the e-Text Editor which uses this method.

This is planned, still not sure when. I totally agree that sometimes a good folder browser is easier and faster then setting up a project.

Matt wrote:
2) Statistics: Word count, byte count, etc.

File -> Properties - Statistics
(PS - Upcoming 1.60 improves on the statistics shown)

Matt wrote:
3) Double click the tab bar to create a new empty text file

I'm not sure about this one, probably you use an editor that does this, another user might ask for double click on the tab bar and show the file open, anyway I'll consider it.

Matt wrote:
4) Save unsaved files and auto-reopen them when reloading the editor. This is another e-Text Editor feature I really like.

Next version will have automatic save/restore of the workspace, but non-saved files are not restored.

Thanks for your suggestions and comments,

André Santos
Carthago Software Support
http://www.carthagosoft.net

Twistpad Carthago Software forums / Twistpad /
 Feature requests

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.