Twistpad Carthago Software forums / Twistpad /  

compare files tool

pencilneck
#1 | Posted: 23 Aug 2007 13:53 | Edited by: pencilneck 
I have to profess my love for twistpads compare files tool, it's helped me out in many a tight spot.

As much as I hate to bother the author with yet more feature requests, if I could wish for additions I would like to see:

1. My last two compared files at first position in the open dialog.
2. The ability to edit the two files and see the comparison highlighting update. (probably best if the editing was done in the main application though)
3. Skip to the next Added, Modified or Removed when clicking the coloured buttons.

Andre Santos
Carthago
#2 | Posted: 26 Aug 2007 12:58 
pencilneck wrote:
As much as I hate to bother the author with yet more feature requests, if I could wish for additions I would like to see:

Suggestions are always welcome, but no guarantee to be implemented as you might understand.

pencilneck wrote:
1. My last two compared files at first position in the open dialog.

Yes, this will be fixed for the next version, thanks for pointing that out.

pencilneck wrote:
2. The ability to edit the two files and see the comparison highlighting update. (probably best if the editing was done in the main application though)

I think your idea is definitely interesting however Twistpad is still a text editor and it's internal file compare is there as a complement. So there are no plan to improve the file compare tool on such advanced grounds (merging would be a possibility)

pencilneck wrote:
3. Skip to the next Added, Modified or Removed when clicking the coloured buttons.

will be there in the next version.

Thanks,

André Santos
Carthago Software Support
http://www.carthagosoft.net

Twistpad Carthago Software forums / Twistpad /
 compare files tool

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.