Twistpad Carthago Software forums / Twistpad /  

Switch Syntax highlighting

fantamango77
#1 | Posted: 4 Jan 2007 02:37 
Hello,

I'm currently evaluating TwistPad. It looks very promising.
Unfortunately I'm missing an important functionality. Is it possible to switch syntax highlighting of opened documents on thy fly? It seems that syntax highlighting is only enabled when documents are being loaded from the file system.

Most of the time I don't open documents from the file system, but paste text into new documents (e.g. from the IDE). I want to tell TP to highlight this text as C Sharp for example without having to save this document.

Is there such a feature or will it be implemented in the near future?

Andre Santos
Carthago
#2 | Posted: 4 Jan 2007 14:37 
Hi,

Thanks for testing Twistpad.

At the moment the syntax Highlighting is only enabled via the file extension of the opened document. However there are plans to make it easier to switch the syntax on the fly for any document.

In the mean time a tip that can help you is using the command File -> New and choose a document type.

If you have any ideas on what would be easier for you in switching the syntax type don't hesitate to post here.

Thanks,

André Santos
Carthago Software Support
http://www.carthagosoft.net

fantamango77
#3 | Posted: 5 Jan 2007 00:19 
Hi André

Thanks for your reply! In fact I didn't use File/New before since TP always starts with a blank document that I can use.

Ctrl+N is of course a way which is easy enough to specify syntax highlighting.

Thanks again for your tip. :)

Ciao

Twistpad Carthago Software forums / Twistpad /
 Switch Syntax highlighting

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.