Twistpad Carthago Software forums / Twistpad /  

BUG: Replace Dialog Box frezes TwistPad

SolarAngel
#1 | Posted: 1 Jan 2007 18:27 | Edited by: SolarAngel 
I was using regular expression as I was custom to eg:

Find: <\/TD>
Replace with: <\/TD>\n

and when hit replace all twistpad frezes I tought at first slow replace function so I have created new doc, entered single </TD> in it and repeated procedure, and TwistPad freezed again :/

it seams your RegExp is not that Regular after all.
btw what implementation of Regular Expression are you using?
there is some dead loop in it I think eg: processor consumation ~ 99% ;)

edit: ( well editing files not to make too huge ammount of posts ;) )

1. why Regular Expression doesn't work if I don't use RegExp characters in Find TextBox ???

2. is there any list of Feature Requests ?
If not, why not make PINNED topic with features requested for next version, those wich are approved (optional : and those wich are declined).

so we wouldn't rerequest ;)

also to make some rules about new Feature requests topic subjects and how it should work, eg: also to provide some pictures with in.
I guess this would make your job easier when viewing this forum, and make it easier for you to maintain the list when you have rules ;)

===========

(MAYBE) BUG: TwistPad brakes clipboard chain!?

well I've noticed yesterday that some of mine programs that monitor clipboard stops monitor, also few other programs that do same job are also not responding on copy request ( automated jobs on copy, with filtering content and responding on it, ... ).

and I tought at first it is guilty one other program that was doing that in older versions, but I've noticed same bug again and that program wasn't run. Only new thing is TwistPad, so I've tested it seams it is releated to crash bug of TwistPad!?

Also I haven't saw any automation tools based on content of cliboard, so
why are you monitoring cliboard? spy tool ;) just kidding ;)

Andre Santos
Carthago
#2 | Posted: 2 Jan 2007 11:18 
Hi,

SolarAngel wrote:
Find: <\/TD>
Replace with: <\/TD>\n

and when hit replace all twistpad frezes I tought at first slow replace function so I have created new doc, entered single </TD> in it and repeated procedure, and TwistPad freezed again :/

it seams your RegExp is not that Regular after all.
btw what implementation of Regular Expression are you using?
there is some dead loop in it I think eg: processor consumation ~ 99% ;)

Can you post a screenshot of the find dialog contents (if possible also from the text. I tried to reproduce this and Twistpad does not freeze.

BTW the replace box does not support regular expressions. Sorry.

SolarAngel wrote:
well I've noticed yesterday that some of mine programs that monitor clipboard stops monitor, also few other programs that do same job are also not responding on copy request ( automated jobs on copy, with filtering content and responding on it, ... ).

Thanks, it is indeed a problem. The notification for the next clipboard viewer was not sent. This is fixed for the new version due out soon. Thanks for pointing that out!

I will also consider your suggestion for a thread for posting suggestions/requests !

Thanks,

André Santos
Carthago Software Support
http://www.carthagosoft.net

SolarAngel
#3 | Posted: 2 Jan 2007 15:43 | Edited by: SolarAngel 
Andre Santos wrote:
Can you post a screenshot of the find dialog contents (if possible also from the text. I tried to reproduce this and Twistpad does not freeze.

odd I have managed to take screenshot first time and now adobe doesn't respond anymore on cliboard (must be releated with previous bug) now will need to restart almost all programs that uses clipboard, blah :/

here is shot I've taken first time I wanted to add processor consumations for you to see it but ... adobe freezes when TwistPad is freezed can't start nothing then even with lowest priority on Twistpad.

HERE IT IS:
hope this works ;) how about little upgrate to invission or any other forum this one is little too mini ;)

Andre Santos wrote:
BTW the replace box does not support regular expressions. Sorry.

!? you have checkbox that sais regular expression on it, is that enable regular expression or ???

----

offtopic:
I've managed to crash Twistpad beyond recognition ;)
eg: getting all the time Access Violation error whenever I try to restart Twistpad!
don't ask me how I've managed to do that, was first gettin' wierd Access Violation whenever I press copy, and I was ignoring that cause I needed to finnish what I started so I was using right click+copy instead of shortcut - slower but working. And in one moment Twistpad crashed totally loosing all work I've done (made me very angry human in that moment), I said ok I know what I've done let me write overagain.
And SHIT happens Access Violation - two messages one from OS, and second from I guess your error handler (different messages but same context).

Reinstalled twistpad now it works OK atm, but I lost my syntax file also with deinstall, blah :/ this time renamed file and hope if same happens will have at least my syntax file.

I am not sure but wish to ask maybe these bug are releated to the fact I have many development environments VS.NET newest, VS6, Borland C/cpp/Delphi, PHP, python, ... could this make problems, and what lang is twistpad built on, hate to dissasemble to see it I am lazy in january ;)

//SolarAngel

Andre Santos
Carthago
#4 | Posted: 2 Jan 2007 16:54 
Hi,

Thanks for the screenshot, but still no success in reproducing the problem.
A couple of things: a) Does the problem happen without checking regular expressions? and b) what font is that? I doubt very much, but could be related to the font.

Regarding the clipboard problem, try the latest version to see if the clipboard is now longer affected by Twistpad.

SolarAngel wrote:
!? you have checkbox that sais regular expression on it, is that enable regular expression or ??

the checkbox applys to the find box, you can search for text using regular expressions, but cannot use regular expressions on the replace box.

About the crash, hard to tell, what can be the cause. I have Twistpad running OK in several machines with different apps running and have no problem.

SolarAngel wrote:
I am not sure but wish to ask maybe these bug are releated to the fact I have many development environments VS.NET newest, VS6, Borland C/cpp/Delphi, PHP, python, ... could this make problems, and what lang is twistpad built on, hate to dissasemble to see it I am lazy in january ;)

Twistpad is written in Delphi 7

Thanks,

André Santos
Carthago Software Support
http://www.carthagosoft.net

SolarAngel
#5 | Posted: 4 Jan 2007 09:44 
Andre Santos wrote:
A couple of things: a) Does the problem happen without checking regular expressions?

No, only if I try to use regular expression. I may try to explore more this error is it releated to the fact of find box or replace box. Do you use system call for regular expression or some static libraries, or you wrote code? last doesn't concern me eg: maybe libraries mixed up on my PC due huge development systems, and there is error but it should not be.

Andre Santos wrote:
what font is that?

Terminal 6 pixels ;) old habbit and big screens, and everything else is too big for my eyes, eg: at friends house I must stand on 1m atlest from monitor ;)

Andre Santos wrote:
Regarding the clipboard problem, try the latest version to see if the clipboard is now longer affected by Twistpad.

I've noticed new version after posting :/ will try to read all posts, or atleast news prior to posting ;) will try it later have something on my mind but again error LOL ;))))
you must hate me when I find these errors so fast and so many ;)
To be honnest I like your program very much I wanted to make something like this, but was always lazy and something else on mind to write, but if nothing wish to help you write best editor to replace my textpad for good ;)

Ok errors:
- regarding loading project file, I've tried one file and error was invalid index file or something like that ...wait... yes "Invalid index." !?

- 2nd is also releated to loading project this time second file, error is : "Division by zero." this one is more odd, I've loaded workspace prior to loading projects if that makes you any sense, also renammed one file that was in project cause I don't need it in project always eg: userscript for opera, maybe this has to do something with it.

- have few more regarding syntax so I will put that there cause I think I've made mistake while writting syntax file eg: priority, ...

//SolarAngel

Twistpad Carthago Software forums / Twistpad /
 BUG: Replace Dialog Box frezes TwistPad

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.