DeskTask Carthago Software forums / DeskTask /  

Word Wrapping or truncating?

josh
#1 | Posted: 12 May 2008 09:10 | Edited by: josh 
Is there any way to make desktask word-wrap the lines or truncate the items? Most of my meetings subject lines and conference rooms are so long that it takes up 3/4 of my screen.

Maybe instead of word wrapping, just truncating them to a changable width would work and if I wanted to hover for a few seconds I can see the full title or something.

Here's a screenshot:

Any ideas? Thanks!

Andre Santos
Carthago
#2 | Posted: 14 May 2008 11:21 
Hi,

In the current version of DeskTask is not possible to wrap lines at a predefined point. However, since the DeskTask is HTML aware, you can put <br> in your task text, and it will break the text there.

Not an ideal fix, but a temporary workaround for large task subject

Thanks,

André Santos
Carthago Software Support
http://www.carthagosoft.net

josh
#3 | Posted: 14 May 2008 14:26 
Okay cool. Are you planning on adding some functionality like that in the future? I'd say auto-truncating is better than wrapping w/ a hover to reveal more or something.

Original outlook meeting:

Updated: Employee Survey Theme Brainstorm CONF-Marc-C-Pentagon (Seats 22)

Would become:

Employee Survey Theme... [CONF-Marc..]

So it would do this:
-string replace the word "Updated:" to get rid of it on meetings,
-truncate meeting subject to x amount specified in options and put "..." if more
-truncate meeting place to x amount in put in brackets or something
-hover for x seconds reveals all

Not trying to tell you how to do your job or anything, just offering some suggestions. This program is awesome, thank you very much for making it!!! Outstanding job.

DeskTask Carthago Software forums / DeskTask /
 Word Wrapping or truncating?

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.