DeskTask Carthago Software forums / DeskTask /  

Days To Show Ahead suggestion

diam0nd
#1 | Posted: 9 Jan 2006 05:00 
I have a smallish suggestion here, well, I am pretty sure it was suggested before, but since it's still aint implemented I would like to bring this up again.

It would be great if "DAYS TO SHOW AHEAD" option would not be limited by 14 days. For some people 14 might be just fine enough, but for me for instance (I am a student) this is definately a pretty small number. For instance, I usually put all the work and assignments (as well as exams and other stuff) I need to handle into the calendar and as you might understand each of them takes time to prepare so I would really like to see what will I have to do in advance. So again, it would be great if the option I am talking about would not be limited by 14. Or at least raising the limit to 365 would be great (no limit at all is ideal, of course ;) ).

Thanks a lot for your GREAT software (you have no idea how helpful it is!) and time reading my post!

Beforehand thankful,
Diam0nd.

Andre Santos
Carthago
#2 | Posted: 10 Jan 2006 11:58 
diam0nd wrote:
It would be great if "DAYS TO SHOW AHEAD" option would not be limited by 14 days. For some people 14 might be just fine enough, but for me for instance (I am a student) this is definately a pretty small number. For instance, I usually put all the work and assignments (as well as exams and other stuff) I need to handle into the calendar and as you might understand each of them takes time to prepare so I would really like to see what will I have to do in advance. So again, it would be great if the option I am talking about would not be limited by 14. Or at least raising the limit to 365 would be great (no limit at all is ideal, of course ;) ).

I understand your problem, and from a student point of view 14 days seems to be short indeed, but it seems to me that 365 is too much, because of screen space it would not make sense.

however something like 3 months (90 days) I think is reasonable, what do you think?

Thanks,

André Santos
Carthago Software Support
http://www.carthagosoft.net

Andre Santos
Carthago
#3 | Posted: 10 Jan 2006 12:01 
diam0nd wrote:
Thanks a lot for your GREAT software (you have no idea how helpful it is!) and time reading my post!

Thanks for the comments. No problem reading your post, sorry for a little delay in the answer

Regards

André Santos

diam0nd
#4 | Posted: 15 Jan 2006 12:25 | Edited by: diam0nd 
Andre Santos wrote:
I understand your problem, and from a student point of view 14 days seems to be short indeed, but it seems to me that 365 is too much, because of screen space it would not make sense.
however something like 3 months (90 days) I think is reasonable, what do you think?

Well, I guess 90 days is OK :) But I am just wondering, does this value have to be limited? (just curious!).

Thanks again for considering my suggestion and for creating and maintaining this GREAT piece of software!

Kindest regards,
Diam0nd.

Andre Santos
Carthago
#5 | Posted: 16 Jan 2006 05:38 
diam0nd wrote:
Well, I guess 90 days is OK :) But I am just wondering, does this value have to be limited? (just curious!).

It does not have to be limited, I just thought that a 2 week spam would be enough.

It's limited so that people would not go accidentally putting a large value and then have their desktop is packed with tasks and they don't understand why.

Other thing, spanning for 3 months I have to change the headers I have to have something like:

Monday
-whatever
Monday (30) <- referes to second week
-whatever2
Monday (6 February) <- referes to more than two weeks span
-whatever3

but that change is not a big deal.

diam0nd wrote:
Thanks again for considering my suggestion and for creating and maintaining this GREAT piece of software!

No problem

Thanks,

André Santos

DeskTask Carthago Software forums / DeskTask /
 Days To Show Ahead suggestion

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.