DeskTask Carthago Software forums / DeskTask /  

Hide Tray Icon

Cyber Dog
#1 | Posted: 20 Dec 2005 19:29 
I would love to see an option to hide the tray icon in DeskTask. Since the desktop window also allows right clicking, having the tray icon taking up space doesn't seem necessary.

Andre Santos
Carthago
#2 | Posted: 21 Dec 2005 06:28 
Cyber Dog wrote:
I would love to see an option to hide the tray icon in DeskTask. Since the desktop window also allows right clicking, having the tray icon taking up space doesn't seem necessary.

Hi, this is already possible in the latest version of DeskTask, simply change the shortcut and add the "\hidden" parameter to the target text.

So the target text in the shortcut should be something like this:
"c:\Program Files\DeskTask\DeskTask.exe \hidden"

Regards,

André Santos
Carthago Software Support
http://www.carthagosoft.net

lloyd
#3 | Posted: 21 Jan 2006 08:59 
Once again, André, superb job on this software, and great new icon too! :D

Andre Santos wrote:

Hi, this is already possible in the latest version of DeskTask, simply change the shortcut and add the "\hidden" parameter to the target text.
So the target text in the shortcut should be something like this:
"c:\Program Files\DeskTask\DeskTask.exe \hidden"

Perhaps it would be possible to make this an option (rather than a command switch).

I suddenly have a request like many others here; that is to have a small dynamic Inbox or Mail hotlink at the top, negating the need for Outlook to be open all the time. I know you don't want to turn DeskTask into DeskToday, but I think this would be really helpful - plus it doesn't have to take much space or be ugly:

Perhaps it would be nicer to use the term "Mail" instead, displaying count of all unread messages?

Oh, and my usual nit-picking... would it be possible to use the Office 2003-style icon for refresh? It's available from the Web toolbar in any app.

Cheers, and thanks again
Lloyd

Andre Santos
Carthago
#4 | Posted: 23 Jan 2006 15:52 
Hi There,

lloyd wrote:
Perhaps it would be possible to make this an option (rather than a command switch).

Maybe, but for the time being you can use the hidden switch. I'll put the suggestion in the "todo list"

lloyd wrote:
I suddenly have a request like many others here; that is to have a small dynamic Inbox or Mail hotlink at the top, negating the need for Outlook to be open all the time. I know you don't want to turn DeskTask into DeskToday, but I think this would be really helpful - plus it doesn't have to take much space or be ugly:

Perhaps it would be nicer to use the term "Mail" instead, displaying count of all unread messages?

The thing about displaying the mail is that DeskTask would have to force a send and receive, which will slowdown the refresh process.
I guess this can be easily controlled through an option for people who do not want that feature. This as been asked quite a few times, but I still have to do some testing regarding this.

lloyd wrote:
Oh, and my usual nit-picking... would it be possible to use the Office 2003-style icon for refresh? It's available from the Web toolbar in any app.

I forgot about this, Thanks !

Thanks,

André Santos
Carthago Software Support
http://www.carthagosoft.net

lloyd
#5 | Posted: 24 Jan 2006 03:41 
Thanks for considering my ideas!

Cheers,
Lloyd

DeskTask Carthago Software forums / DeskTask /
 Hide Tray Icon

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.