DeskTask Carthago Software forums / DeskTask /  

Another suggestion (in fact two)

antopriv
#1 | Posted: 29 Nov 2005 02:51 
First my compliment fore this program, that helps very much my organization. Un suggestion that I have not seen in the forum.

I am using only the Calendar, but I don't like the appointments hidden as the expected time passed, because sometimes, you must change the order. What I would like to do is to hide the appointments manually one by one. Perhaps a sort of hyperlink in the appointment time could be used for this.

The second suggestion would be to include the "to do list" in the DeskTask homepage, to avoid making you to loose time with duplicate suggestion

Thanks

Antopriv

Andre Santos
Carthago
#2 | Posted: 30 Nov 2005 16:59 
antopriv wrote:
First my compliment fore this program, that helps very much my organization. Un suggestion that I have not seen in the forum.

Thanks for your comments!

antopriv wrote:
I am using only the Calendar, but I don't like the appointments hidden as the expected time passed, because sometimes, you must change the order. What I would like to do is to hide the appointments manually one by one. Perhaps a sort of hyperlink in the appointment time could be used for this.

This is a sort of unusual request, since it would go against a bit of the logic implemented on how DeskTask works.
Since the data is read from outlook I can suggest a couple of ideias to you achieve what you want:
a) When you want to remove an item, either delete it from the Outlook calendar or move it to custom folder (which will hide it on DeskTask)
b) You can also use HTML on the Task Text itself, like changing the background or fore color, making it different from current items, you can see here how can be done http://www.carthagosoft.net/forums/index.php?action=vthread&forum=6&to pic=47.

Other than that I don't feel manually removing items from the calendar such a good ideia, data manipulation should be done in Outlook, DeskTask just displays it from Outlook.

Sorry about this.

antopriv wrote:
The second suggestion would be to include the "to do list" in the DeskTask homepage, to avoid making you to loose time with duplicate suggestion

I see, you went through the forum seeing if the suggestion as already been done, I can put the Todo List here, but on the other hand, I don't feel that it's a problem putting duplicate suggestions, in fact I would prefer, since it gives me feedback to see what are the most popular requests!

Thanks,

André Santos
Carthago Software Support
http://www.carthagosoft.net

DeskTask Carthago Software forums / DeskTask /
 Another suggestion (in fact two)

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.