Tray FM Carthago Software forums / Tray FM /  

Memory leaker

Josmy
#1 | Posted: 20 Apr 2024 17:45 
Since earlier this year I had a problem with my system using a relatively high amount of memory [non paged pool] of about 7 to 10 GB and my CPU which typically, despite all the things that are loaded, runs around 3 to 7% idling, constantly show the load off 16 to 20% and the reference "GPU1-copy".
There was also a constant disk I/O observed.

I finally found a few days ago the culprit! I had installed Tray FM!
Even without any radio station active or playing, Tray FM was the primary cause for the above mentioned issues.
Once uninstalled the problem disappeared.
the issue can easily be re-created by simply installing Tray FM and eliminating the problem again by uninstalling Tray FM. Thus the cause is confirmed.

Even with a total of 48 applet icons in the system tray running and dictating this text into the open browser with with Nuance Dragon, 4 to 6 of the eight cores I have are most of the time parked and the average CPU usage when not speaking goes as low as 5%, when speaking it peaks momentarily up to 12-15%.

Nice try, nice little applet but useless. A total resource hog!

Andre Santos
Carthago
#2 | Posted: 20 Apr 2024 18:23 
Hi,

I'm sorry for your experience with Tray FM and let me thank you for taking time to give feedback of your experience in the forum.

I cannot, however, in any way reproduce this "resource hog" and CPU intense usage you describe, I have Tray FM running now for about an hour and playing takes about 0,1% to 0,3% of CPU usage and sits at a comfortable 5Mb (30mb Working set) of memory on Windows 10 Professional. I also use Windows 11 Pro without any issue.

Most likely some sort of software incompatibility at your end, which, as you might understand, I cannot do anything about.

In the end of the day Tray FM is available free of charge, so I'm sure no harm has been done.

Thanks again,

André Santos
Carthago Software Support
https://www.carthagosoft.net

Tray FM Carthago Software forums / Tray FM /
 Memory leaker

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.