Twistpad Carthago Software forums / Twistpad /  

New user - love Twistpad - registration questions

Daniel Walker
#1 | Posted: 23 Dec 2010 06:56 
I've only recently started using Twistpad, but so far I love it. I've used many text editors over the years and with the best of them I've been impressed but have always been left wishing that something was done differently. This is the first one I've found where I simply like everything about it. It has all the features that I need and on top of that it looks great, but the biggest draw for me is the Textpad-like cursor behaviour - nobody else besides Textpad seems to support it, but ever since I first used Textpad I have found the typical naive cursor movement very awkward by comparison.

I'd like to register Twistpad, but I have some questions.

Firstly, I see that registration gives "discounts on new major versions", so I gather that I will need to register again when the next version comes out. Do you expect that to happen in the next couple of years? $20 is a good price for what you're offering, but not so much if I'll soon have to pay all over again.

The other thing is how does registration work? Will I need to connect to your server to install or use the registered version? Or will I be able to pay and download the full version and get a registration key or something and then take it home to my internetless computer and use it independently of Carthago servers?

Andre Santos
Carthago
#2 | Posted: 23 Dec 2010 09:19 
Hi Daniel,

Thanks for you comments and questions,

regarding the Textpad like cursor behavior.. Can you select the option in
Preferences - Editor - Restrain cursor on insert text ?

This was asked from a former Textpad user, not sure if it's this what you refer by the cursor behavior. Anyway, if it's not, I'd like to know exactly how it works in Textpad so I can see if it can be implemented in Twistpad. Just let me know.

Regarding your questions:

Discounts on major versions means that from version 2 to 3 there can be a discount for existing 2.x users. However, users that bought the license for version 1.x were offered a free upgrade to version 2 without any additional charge. I cannot comment if this will happen again for the next major version, but I would not worry much about that.

Upon registration you will receive an e-mail with instructions on where to download the retail version. This version is totally independent, and you can install it in your computer without any need to connect to our servers or additional internet connectivity. A registration key is not required as well and the setup can be downloaded at any time from our servers (provided you have the registration mail with your user and password).

Any additional queries you may have, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Thanks,

André Santos
Carthago Software Support
http://www.carthagosoft.net

Daniel Walker
#3 | Posted: 23 Dec 2010 18:10 
Thanks for the fast response and for your answers. That was very reassuring. I've just registered.

When I mentioned Textpad and the cursor I wasn't making a request - I was complementing you on already having it working the way I like.

Merry Christmas!

Andre Santos
Carthago
#4 | Posted: 25 Dec 2010 05:44 
Hi Daniel,

Thanks for your registration, it's appreciated.

Oh I see, I misunderstood your post regarding the Textpad like behavior.
It's great Twistpad suits your needs.

Keep the suggestions up.

Thanks again and have a merry Christmas,

André Santos
Carthago Software Support
http://www.carthagosoft.net

Twistpad Carthago Software forums / Twistpad /
 New user - love Twistpad - registration questions

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.