Twistpad Carthago Software forums / Twistpad /  

Suggestion: Enable code folding with word wrap on.

Jon
#1 | Posted: 13 Dec 2009 12:47 
Andre Santos wrote:
Sorry, Code folding (with word wrap on) at the moment is not a high priority.

I already mentioned this a long time ago but thought it would be worth bringing up again as perhaps other more pressing development concerns have already been addressed now that 2.0 has been released and this feature may be reconsidered.

Some of us use a text editor not only for coding but also as a lean word processor replacement. When using it for general text, I use my own sytax definitions for highlighting and code-folding is invaluable it makes document management so much easier! By folding sections you can effectively simulate a table of contents and don't require hyperlinks. With code-folding and syntax highlighting a text editor (for me anyway) can replace wiki type solutions.

As code-folding and syntax highlighting are already in TwistPad, my only request is that code-folding work with word wrap on. That change would make a world of difference for me! As other editors such as Notepad++ allow this, I'm hoping that you find it a worthwhile feature for TwistPad to adopt.

Thanks for the ear. I'll just wait patiently with my fingers crossed ;-)

Cheers, -Jon.

Twistpad Carthago Software forums / Twistpad /
 Suggestion: Enable code folding with word wrap on.

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.