Twistpad Carthago Software forums / Twistpad /  

Bosnian/Croation Dictionary

pearlbay
#1 | Posted: 10 Nov 2009 02:10 | Edited by: pearlbay 
Hello everyone,

I am working for a browser-game-company, and one of our translators seems to have problems with Bosnian/Croatian Characters, even if the File-Encoding of her php-files is set to UTF-8 (No Signature).

She says, some of the characters aren't displayed when she saves the files. I am going through this with her again now, to make sure she actually did save the files in the correct encoding (as I seem to have no problems on that front); but while I am here I was wondering if there is a possibility of offering a Dictionary in Croatian or Bosnian?

Best regards,

pearlbay

Andre Santos
Carthago
#2 | Posted: 10 Nov 2009 03:56 
pearlbay wrote:
I am working for a browser-game-company, and one of our translators seems to have problems with Bosnian/Croatian Characters, even if the File-Encoding of her php-files is set to UTF-8 (No Signature).

She says, some of the characters aren't displayed when she saves the files. I am going through this with her again now, to make sure she actually did save the files in the correct encoding (as I seem to have no problems on that front);

Can you send a sample file with Bosnian/Croatian Characters to support@carthagosoft.net ?

pearlbay wrote:
while I am here I was wondering if there is a possibility of offering a Dictionary in Croatian or Bosnian?

Sorry, if Twistpad uses a third party spell engine, if it does not have support for Bosnian/Croatian Characters then Twistpad will not have. I will check on that and let you know.

Thanks

André Santos
Carthago Software Support
http://www.carthagosoft.net

pearlbay
#3 | Posted: 10 Nov 2009 05:49 
Thank you in advance for checking, André!

I will wait for her reply first, maybe she managed to fix the problem with my suggestions regarding the encoding setting. In that case, I don't need to bother you further. If not, I will send a sample file to the support-address as suggested.

Best regards,

pearlbay

Andre Santos
Carthago
#4 | Posted: 11 Nov 2009 16:53 
Hi,

Sorry a Bosnian/Croatian dictionary is not available.

Let me point out, that Unicode (chinese, japonese) characters are not supported by the Twistpad Spell checker. Not sure if its the case with Bosnian/Croatian characters. If it is it will not be possible (in the current version)

Thanks

André Santos
Carthago Software Support
http://www.carthagosoft.net

Twistpad Carthago Software forums / Twistpad /
 Bosnian/Croation Dictionary

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.