Twistpad Carthago Software forums / Twistpad /  

"Formatting text" when saving and features request

Roland Grapow
#1 | Posted: 19 Sep 2007 16:47 
Hi Andre:

I have a 1 question and 4 feature requests

1.- I have a SQL file (PL/SQL sdf), and when I save it, in the status bar appears "Formatting text" follow by a progress bar and this take a couple seconds when it should be immediately, is there a option to disable this feature (I don't know it is), or what is the purpose of this ?...

Feature request
1.- Add split window
2.- Autorrect keywords by sdf file (as I've mentioned in my last post)
3.- Rename file from "File" menu
4.- Add custom tools (external app) to the toolbar like a buttons

Thanks...

Andre Santos
Carthago
#2 | Posted: 20 Sep 2007 04:58 
Hi Roland,

Roland Grapow wrote:
I have a 1 question and 4 feature requests

1.- I have a SQL file (PL/SQL sdf), and when I save it, in the status bar appears "Formatting text" follow by a progress bar and this take a couple seconds when it should be immediately, is there a option to disable this feature (I don't know it is), or what is the purpose of this ?...

I'm not sure about this, Formatting text means the text is being parsed in order to display the syntax colors and/or outline. that happens when you either load a file or paste a large chunk of text and this "formatting text" message will only be noticeable on big files.

When you say you get the Formatting text for 2 seconds when saving a document, are you sure it says "formatting text" and not "saving file" ?

Anyway, depending on the size of document and your computer speed, both parsing and saving could take a while. So your remark about "it should be immediately" is relative.

There is no way to remove the message "Formatting text", it's simply a indicative of how much text as been parsed, and you can work on your document regardless of this background parsing.

You can post more details on this if you want.

Roland Grapow wrote:
1.- Add split window
2.- Autorrect keywords by sdf file (as I've mentioned in my last post)
3.- Rename file from "File" menu
4.- Add custom tools (external app) to the toolbar like a buttons

1. Planned. Since this was not originally conceived in the editor, it's not an easy task to archive with good performance, anyway this is definitely planned.

2. This does not have to be done via the parser (as you suggested) a formatting option dialog for instance will do the same effect. will be considered for future versions.

3. Version 1.61 will have a file browser, so you will be able to rename files within Twistpad. Also you can use the "open containing folder" command and rename it on the new displayed explorer window.

4. Turning tools into "commands" is also planned for upcoming versions.

Thanks,

André Santos
Carthago Software Support
http://www.carthagosoft.net

Twistpad Carthago Software forums / Twistpad /
 "Formatting text" when saving and features request

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.