#1 | Posted: 27 Jul 2007 15:03 | Edited by: Ayush 
1- Reproduce-
Create new javascript file
Enter:
----------

x={
}
----------
Then collapse it and type { in the first line.

Problem2-Twistpad's Output Result window shows:
Error in function regular expression of Cascading Style Sheets: Regular Expression Engine: *+ Operand Could Be Empty
when creating/opening any CSS file.

Andre Santos
Carthago
#2 | Posted: 27 Jul 2007 17:13 
Ayush wrote:
1- Reproduce-
Create new javascript file
Enter:
----------

x={
}
----------
Then collapse it and type { in the first line.

Thanks, I can reproduce, I will look into this to fix for next version.

Ayush wrote:
Problem2-Twistpad's Output Result window shows:
Error in function regular expression of Cascading Style Sheets: Regular Expression Engine: *+ Operand Could Be Empty
when creating/opening any CSS file.

Regarding this problem, please update at least your CSS file definition.
just download this zipped file, and extract the contents to :
c:\documents and settings\all users\application data\carthago\twistpad\syntax

that should fix that problem.

please be aware if you have custom modifications then it's better to just replace the function line in the CSS definition file. Let me know if you need further help with that.

Thanks,

André Santos
Carthago Software Support
http://www.carthagosoft.net

Ayush
#3 | Posted: 27 Jul 2007 19:52 
Andre Santos wrote:
please update at least your CSS file definition.

I am already using the latest version of Twistpad.

just download this zipped file, and extract the contents to :
c:\documents and settings\all users\application data\carthago\twistpad\syntax

Thanks. That fixed it :)

Andre Santos
Carthago
#4 | Posted: 2 Aug 2007 10:34 
Ayush wrote:
I am already using the latest version of Twistpad.

Syntax files are not replaced with each new install of Twistpad. This is to avoid users that customize their syntax files lose their work. Anyway the setup should be updated with an option or something, since most users use the retail syntax set anyway.

Thanks,

André Santos
Carthago Software Support
http://www.carthagosoft.net

kAlvaro
#5 | Posted: 3 Aug 2007 03:45 
First of all, I must warn you that all I know about Twistpad comes from a quick evaluation I made a few weeks ago. More specifically, I didn’t check about syntax highlighting internals.

I think that the syntax definitions system should be designed in order to keep the retail definitions separated from third-party and user add-ons. Retail data should be stored in app folder and user customizations should be stored in user appdata folder. That way we could upgrade the program and get the latest additions with no risk of losing data.

Of course, that makes it necessary to implement some features:
- Allow user to choose between different syntax definitions for the same language (perhaps that’s already possible :-?)
- After upgrading, warn user that some retail definitions were updated so we can decide whether to swap to the retail definition. You can display a list of the affected files with checkboxes to select them.

Another cute feature would be implement some sort of “patches”. We normally edit syntax definitions to add some missing keywords and maybe remove keywords that are incorrect or that we do not need. We could create a syntax definition file that only includes these little changes and then get it merged with the retail definition, rather than maintaining a full syntax file that’s essentially 99% similar to the retail one.

Take it as a suggestion for version 2. There’re probably more urgent things to get fixed ;-)

Twistpad Carthago Software forums / Twistpad /
 Internal error when trying to create a new code-block above an collapsed block

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.