Twistpad Carthago Software forums / Twistpad /  

Request: Remeber column position of cursor

troels
#1 | Posted: 19 May 2007 15:38 
If I place the cursor at a certain column, type something, and press the down-key, I would prefer that the cursor would jump to the column, which it was at before I started typing.
This is the behaviour of some editors, and once you're used to it, it's hard to live without.

troels
#2 | Posted: 19 May 2007 15:57 
Seems I'm not the first one to request this:
http://www.carthagosoft.net/forums/index.php?action=vthread&forum=8&to pic=306

May I congratulate you on a very impressive editor btw. I'm seriously tempted to use it. I have used Textpad for about a decade, but even though I like the editor, the development has almost ceased, and Twistpad seems to offer exactly the features, missing from Textpad, while retaining the same minimalistic feel. Incremental search and the next/prev function commands are just awesome.

Paul Hodges
#3 | Posted: 2 Aug 2007 05:26 
I'm another refugee from TextPad. I'm delighted to find an editor that provides almost the same feel, but with major additional facilities (such as Unicode support), and lacking the bugs in handling of file associations.

However, I too would love to have the cursor moving to the next line at the position of the start of the previous edit. It is one of the most useful features of TextPad of all.

In addition, I would like the ability to mark a rectangular block, which I also made regular use of in TextPad.

But, after experiencing the recent new version of TextPad, I'm sure I won't be going back. Keep up the good work!

Andre Santos
Carthago
#4 | Posted: 2 Aug 2007 10:33 
Hi,

Paul Hodges wrote:
I'm another refugee from TextPad. I'm delighted to find an editor that provides almost the same feel, but with major additional facilities (such as Unicode support), and lacking the bugs in handling of file associations.

Thanks for you comments.

Paul Hodges wrote:
However, I too would love to have the cursor moving to the next line at the position of the start of the previous edit. It is one of the most useful features of TextPad of all.

This seems to be a repeated asked feature, I can't guarantee this feature at this point, but I'll see what can be done.

Paul Hodges wrote:
In addition, I would like the ability to mark a rectangular block, which I also made regular use of in TextPad.

If you mean block selection, simply Press the ALT key and select using the mouse, the selection should be rectangular.

Thanks,

André Santos
Carthago Software Support
http://www.carthagosoft.net

Andre Santos
Carthago
#5 | Posted: 27 Aug 2007 04:27 
troels wrote:
If I place the cursor at a certain column, type something, and press the down-key, I would prefer that the cursor would jump to the column, which it was at before I started typing.
This is the behaviour of some editors, and once you're used to it, it's hard to live without.

Confirmed new feature for Twistpad 1.60

André Santos
Carthago Software Support
http://www.carthagosoft.net

Twistpad Carthago Software forums / Twistpad /
 Request: Remeber column position of cursor

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.