Twistpad Carthago Software forums / Twistpad /  

BUG: Omd

PhilThompson
#1 | Posted: 8 Mar 2007 03:34 | Edited by: PhilThompson 
BUG: Index out of bounds (-1) when attempting to compare

If you select compare and just click OK even though the files you used from last time are displayed it seems it doesn't know this and returns an error. If you select the files again everything is ok.

One other thing. When comparing the cursor starts at the bottom of the file. Bit annoying but I'm sure you've noticed this.

Let me know if you have any builds that need testing. I have some spare time at the moment!

P.S. Sorry about the subject. Typo. PEBKAC :)

PhilThompson
#2 | Posted: 8 Mar 2007 04:04 | Edited by: PhilThompson 
Found something else!

When editing registry files multiline statements are not recognised for example:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Exp lorer]
"ShellState"=hex:24,00,00,00,37,28,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00 ,00,00,\

Lines 1 and 2 seem ok but line three loses the string (gray) formatting. Guess you need to handle the \ at the end of line two. Maybe this is just a syntax file issue. I've not looked at that.

PhilThompson
#3 | Posted: 8 Mar 2007 04:40 
Compare rather slow on largesh files. Example: Export CURRENT_USER from regedit change something in windows and do it again.

BTW I'm not sure if I mentioned that I'm using Windows Vista x64 home premium edition. Let me know if you need anymore info.

Andre Santos
Carthago
#4 | Posted: 11 Mar 2007 04:48 
Hi,

PhilThompson wrote:
BUG: Index out of bounds (-1) when attempting to compare

If you select compare and just click OK even though the files you used from last time are displayed it seems it doesn't know this and returns an error. If you select the files again everything is ok.

This bug has been reported before but it only happens in certain circumstances that I've been yet able to reproduce.

PhilThompson wrote:
One other thing. When comparing the cursor starts at the bottom of the file. Bit annoying but I'm sure you've noticed this.

This has been fixed in the latest version (1.57)

PhilThompson wrote:
Let me know if you have any builds that need testing. I have some spare time at the moment!

Thanks, if you can give a go to the version 1.57 it would be great.

PhilThompson wrote:
When editing registry files multiline statements are not recognised for example:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Exp lorer]
"ShellState"=hex:24,00,00,00,37,28,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00 ,00,00,\

Lines 1 and 2 seem ok but line three loses the string (gray) formatting. Guess you need to handle the \ at the end of line two. Maybe this is just a syntax file issue. I've not looked at that.

This is a limitation, reg files use the ini file syntax, and they don't really know about the "\" thing. Since Twistpad syntax supports keywords and start-stop sections is not possible at the moment to say that "\" is a continuation from the previous line.

PhilThompson wrote:
Compare rather slow on largesh files. Example: Export CURRENT_USER from regedit change something in windows and do it again.

What is the size of the files you are comparing?

PhilThompson wrote:
BTW I'm not sure if I mentioned that I'm using Windows Vista x64 home premium edition. Let me know if you need anymore info.

That's good, because Twistpad as not been tested on the x64 platform, let me know if there are problems.

Thanks,

André Santos
Carthago Software Support
http://www.carthagosoft.net

PhilThompson
#5 | Posted: 11 Mar 2007 08:53 
Testing 1.57

compare no longer seems to be slow. Must have been my machine.

---

Did some more testing with the out of range bug:
If you compare files by selecting them from the open dialog then everything is fine.

If you close Twistpad then open it again then the paths from the previous compare do not show. Instead you get the last openfiles that were compared.

Now if I select two files that are open in Twistpad, say [before.reg] and [after.reg] they are compared. That's fine. If I then close the compare window and then goto tools\compare again, I now see [before.reg] in both 'Compare:' and 'To:' fields. If I then click OK I get the 'list index out of bounds' exception.

I hope that's descriptive enough. Let me know if it's still not clear.

Andre Santos
Carthago
#6 | Posted: 13 Mar 2007 17:16 
Hi,

I finally could reproduce this problem, and a fix will be available on the next release

Thanks for your descriptive steps to reproduce the problem,

André Santos

PhilThompson
#7 | Posted: 20 Mar 2007 14:03 
Thanks for the new release. I'll check it out shortly.

skullbay
#8 | Posted: 27 Apr 2011 02:00 
Hi Andre

I am having a similar problem with Twistpad, ever since I installed the latest upgrade.

I work with php-files, and in most cases these days, whenever I open a new php-file I get this error:

Class : ERangeError
List index out of bounds

I am unable to work on the file, all I can do is click "Terminate Twistpad". When I try to click "continue", the message keeps popping open until I close the editor.

It is quite impossible to work this way, and especially annoying since that problem does not occur at all if I open the file with a free editor. Could you please offer me some advice here?

Best regards,

skullbay

PS: I registered with another nickname/address before, but couldn't recall the password, and unfortunately there is no button I can press to retrieve a new one.

Andre Santos
Carthago
#9 | Posted: 30 Apr 2011 10:45 
Hi SkullBay,

Sorry about this. Just opened a PHP file and everything seems fine.

Some questions:

a) Does it happen with all PHP files? or just a specific one?

b) if you create a new blank PHP file and save it (maybe with just an html header) does it give the error?

c) Does it happen with other file types?

d) Did this problem happen from one version to another?

e) Did you edit the PHP definition file?

Hope you can provide answers so we can trace the problem

Thanks,

André Santos

skullbay
#10 | Posted: 5 May 2011 00:36 
Hi André.,

a) it happens with almost all php-files I have, even if I could created and edited them perfectly fine a day ago.

b) There seem to be no problems with txt-files, unless I open a php-file while I have one of the opened. Then I will need to close Twistpad completely before I can keep working on that file

c) This happened after I made the latest Twistpad update and also installed the plug-in offered alongside. I did this about a month ago, I think.

d) No, not to my knowledge. I looked at it, as I indeed wanted to change the colour settings, but closed it without changes.

I also use the compare-function quite a lot, I must add, but since this happens every time I open a file, and not while I am already working, that doesn't seem to be the problem...

It also happens no matter if I double-click the files or open Twistpad first, then open the file.

Cannot make heads nor tail of the problem...

Thanks a lot for your help,

skullbay

Andre Santos
Carthago
#11 | Posted: 12 May 2011 15:52 
SkullBay,

Sorry for the late reply, I missed your reply.

We can try some things:

a) Can you donwnload the latest 2.2 beta (only available for registered user's). there is a portable version, you can extract to an empty folder, and try to open the php files. If it does not give the same errors, let me know, we'll work from there.

b) If the problem persists and you have access to another computer, try opening the same PHP file on it or in a virtual machine.

c) Send me one of your php files that gives error to support@carthagosoft.net, maybe it's something in the file.

Thanks, and sorry again for the delay.

André Santos

skullbay
#12 | Posted: 30 May 2011 02:49 
Hi André,

sorry about the belated feedback; I didn't have the time to check in here. After having discovered that the problem affected txt-files as well (even if I had just created them with Twistpad), meaning I was more or less unable to use Twistpad at all, I decided to de-install to and reinstall it entirely.

My first few tests are positive, I hope it will remain that way. If not, I will go for your suggestion and try the latest beta. But fingers crossed that may not be necessary. ;-)

Best wishes,

skullbay

Andre Santos
Carthago
#13 | Posted: 3 Jun 2011 06:23 
Hi Skullbay,

No problem, let me know how the full reinstall went,

Thanks,

André Santos

Twistpad Carthago Software forums / Twistpad /
 BUG: Omd

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.