Twistpad Carthago Software forums / Twistpad /  

Change page type (syntax) for a loaded page?

RyanFarley
#1 | Posted: 10 Oct 2006 14:19 
Is there a way to change the page type of a loaded page? As an example, I have files that contain HTML, that do not have an HTML extension (these files actually do not any *any* extension. When these pages are loaded nothing is syntax highlighted since it is not recognized as a HTML file. Is there a way I can tell Twistpad that it is an HTML file or chnage so it applies the HTML syntax file to the loaded text file? Often you'll have a text file that contains XML or something, you have not associated that extension with the XML syntax file previously so the syntax file does not apply - but it would be nice to be able to tell it that the file is XML on the fly (I don't care that it remembers it or not, just having it apply the syntax that one time would be great)

I could do this in TextPad in the file properties dialog and was quite handy.

Did I miss how to do that somewhere? Or is that a feature that does not exist in Twistpad?

Thanks.

-Ryan

Andre Santos
Carthago
#2 | Posted: 10 Oct 2006 14:35 
Hi,

In fact this feature does not exist in Twistpad, the type (syntax highlight) is always recognized via the document extension or by File - New - "File Type".

If your special files had an extension it would simply fill that extension in the .sdf file of HTML, but since it does not have extension, I'm afraid that is not possible at the moment.

Anyway most likely the behavior of Textpad will be implemented, simply change the syntax type in the documents properties dialogs (or something similar)

Thanks,

André Santos
Carthago Software Support
http://www.carthagosoft.net

Twistpad Carthago Software forums / Twistpad /
 Change page type (syntax) for a loaded page?

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.