Twistpad Carthago Software forums / Twistpad /  

Another Feature Request

RyanFarley
#1 | Posted: 10 Oct 2006 12:24 
These are a couple more feature requests from items I miss from TextPad. These are features I can certainly live without, but would be very nice to have.

Feature request #1: It would be nice to have some way (either via a toolbar button or a right click menu) to launch a file you have open with a htm or html extension in the default browser. When editing some html, it would be good to have a quick way to launch it.

Feature request #2: In TextPad, if I have a URL in my text I can right click the URL and have an option to launch the URL in a browser. That would be great to have that.

Thanks!

-Ryan

RyanFarley
#2 | Posted: 10 Oct 2006 12:39 
I did find the option for Highlight internet links and active internet links in options. That does solve my need for #2. Thanks.

RyanFarley
#3 | Posted: 10 Oct 2006 12:42 
Hehe.

And I found the "Open With" option under the Tools menu. That one solves my request #1.

Guess I should have looked a bit more first ;-)

Thanks!
-Ryan

Andre Santos
Carthago
#4 | Posted: 10 Oct 2006 14:28 
Hi,

glad you found a solution.

For the record, there is a quicker way to open an HTML file in any browser recognized by windows. Simply click on the Shell icon in the status bar, and the Windows shell menu opens with the usual commands for that files type:

Thanks,

André Santos
Carthago Software Support
http://www.carthagosoft.net

RyanFarley
#5 | Posted: 12 Oct 2006 10:23 
Oh yeah. Thanks for reminding me about that one. Thanks.

Twistpad Carthago Software forums / Twistpad /
 Another Feature Request

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.