Twistpad Carthago Software forums / Twistpad /  

Feature request

RyanFarley
#1 | Posted: 9 Oct 2006 13:51 
I've been a long time TextPad user and I am loving TwistPad so far (evaluating the 30-day trial). Here's the biggest things I miss from TextPad - and for a 1.1 version it is surprising that this list is so small ;-)

1) When you install TextPad, you get a right-click context menu on about everything to allow you to open the file in TextPad. I use that all the time and I miss it with TwistPad (I've added my own to the registry and I'm fine with that, but it would be cool if TwistPad did that in the install).

2) I can find anyway to associate Twistpad with certain file types (such as txt) so Twistpad is the default app for those (am I missing that somewhere?). TextPad had some options for that and made it easy. Again, I've added the associations myself in the registry, but it would be nice to have something in options for this.

3) Where can I find info on developing my own custom plugins/addons?

Thanks!

-Ryan

RyanFarley
#2 | Posted: 9 Oct 2006 13:56 
Also, any chance of being able to disable the splash screen in a future version (as an option or something)?

Andre Santos
Carthago
#3 | Posted: 10 Oct 2006 06:55 
Hi,

Thanks for your comments, Regarding your suggestions:

RyanFarley wrote:

and for a 1.1 version it is surprising that this list is so small ;-)

Version 1.1 was supposed to be 1.01 release, just a service release, however some nice suggestions, along with the necessity to bring a new Unicode version (which would delay a lot 1.1), made 1.1 being half service release, half feature release, hence small changes.
Next version will bring a nice number of features.

RyanFarley wrote:

1) When you install TextPad, you get a right-click context menu on about everything to allow you to open the file in TextPad. I use that all the time and I miss it with TwistPad (I've added my own to the registry and I'm fine with that, but it would be cool if TwistPad did that in the install).

2) I can find anyway to associate Twistpad with certain file types (such as txt) so Twistpad is the default app for those (am I missing that somewhere?). TextPad had some options for that and made it easy. Again, I've added the associations myself in the registry, but it would be nice to have something in options for this.

Twistpad does not have any automatic way to associate which file types (it's easy to do that in XP) however I agree that both your suggestions are valid, and will be taking in consideration for future versions (not for the next version due out soon)

I'm personally against trial software which "steals" file association, and then, when uninstalled, a lot of dead associations are left behind, I wanted to avoid that, but I suppose there is no harm in helping the user decide what should or not be associated with Twistpad.

RyanFarley wrote:

3) Where can I find info on developing my own custom plugins/addons?

Plugin's SDK is not public yet, however I plan to make available source samples and documentation on how to create Plug-ins for Twistpad.

RyanFarley wrote:

Also, any chance of being able to disable the splash screen in a future version (as an option or something)?

It's possible yes, I might add that, but keep in mind that now showing the splash does not mean it will load any faster.

Thanks for your suggestions, and post more if you have so,

André Santos
Carthago Software Support
http://www.carthagosoft.net

Twistpad Carthago Software forums / Twistpad /
 Feature request

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.