Twistpad Carthago Software forums / Twistpad /  

want option to run a java file

kumar
#1 | Posted: 3 Aug 2006 09:17 | Edited by: kumar 
hi,

i am using user tools to compile a java file. but parameters available in user tools not sufficient to run a java file though. i am successfully compiling a java file with {filename} parameter giving to javac.exe

i need to run a compiled java file as " java filename (without extension)"
but i am unable to select a parameter from available options to do this. i set {Ask} parameter to run a file and giving current filename without extension mannually but it is ending with Exception (NoClassDefFound Error). that means twistpad is not taking filename without extension or it is unable to read the Java Environment Variables (set classpath = .)to run a file in current directory. Editplus has this parameter to run filename without extension.

Andre Santos
Carthago
#2 | Posted: 4 Aug 2006 09:51 
Hi,

I can include support for a filename without extension, but I don't know what is the problem since when you manually set it with the {ask} parameter, it does not compile?

Twistpad simply launch's the selected tool with the selected parameter, it does not edit or read any eventual Environment Variables.

I can assist you on further inquires you may have regarding this problem, so it can be fixed, maybe a change Dir is required?

Thanks,

André Santos
Carthago Software Support
http://www.carthagosoft.net

kumar
#3 | Posted: 4 Aug 2006 21:28 
compiling is not a problem. twistpad is compiling java file. but executing become difficult with it. execution requires to give filename(without extension) to java.exe

ex: f:\javaprog\java.exe abc

filename is abc.java, so i have given without .java extension to execute it. since there is no tool in twistpad to give a parameter as filename without extension i am doing it mannually. i selected {Ask} parameter to java.exe as i said previously and running the file by giving "abc" to it.

so everytime i have to type a filename without extension to run that file after compile. it is difficult task. so better to give option in tools to run a file without taking file extension.

and one more problem i found in twistpad. if i open a file from "recent files" in "file" menu twistpad is unable to take the path of the file. so file not running even i give filename for execution when it asks through {Ask} parameter.

Andre Santos
Carthago
#4 | Posted: 6 Aug 2006 10:54 
Hi,

Next version will include the {Single Filename Without Extension} parameter.

kumar wrote:
and one more problem i found in twistpad. if i open a file from "recent files" in "file" menu twistpad is unable to take the path of the file. so file not running even i give filename for execution when it asks through {Ask} parameter.

Sorry, can you explain this? I don't seem to understand what you mean.

Thanks

André Santos
Carthago Software Support
http://www.carthagosoft.net

Twistpad Carthago Software forums / Twistpad /
 want option to run a java file

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.