DeskTask Carthago Software forums / DeskTask /  

How to disable autostart for desktask

Britt
#1 | Posted: 28 Dec 2007 13:22 
Sorry, I have locked the my first post by mistake!

Because of testing a new program on my computer, I don't want desktask to autostart. But although I have disabled the function, the program starts each time I turn on my computer.
What's going wrong? If anybody has a solution for this I would be glad.

Andre Santos
Carthago
#2 | Posted: 29 Dec 2007 05:16 
Hi,

Actually there is simply an option in the setup to add DeskTask to the Startup menu of Windows. Once set, to switch off you have to manually delete the DeskTask link in the Start Menu.

If you have Windows XP, Click the Start Button, then All Programs and point to the startup folder in the Start-menu, right click the DeskTask item and press delete in the context menu.

Thanks,

André Santos
Carthago Software Support
http://www.carthagosoft.net

Britt
#3 | Posted: 29 Dec 2007 09:18 
Hi,

Thanks for your answer, but unfortunately this doesn't solve the problem.

Before posting I have already deleted the start-up entry of desktask. I controlled it also with an external program and in the windows section. Actually there ist no entry in the start-up folder and nevertheless desktask starts each time whith windows. I like desktask and don't want to delete the whole program but want to disable the auto-start temporariliy.

Thanks if you have a solution!

Andre Santos
Carthago
#4 | Posted: 29 Dec 2007 09:48 
Hi,

That is strange since the start-up feature of DeskTask is only officially available through the start up folder.

Try this:
Start menu, Select RUN
type msconfig
go to the startup tab and see if DeskTask is anywhere listed, if so just delete the DeskTask entry

Thanks,

André Santos

Britt
#5 | Posted: 30 Dec 2007 04:10 
Hi,
Thanks once more, but I have already done this.
Now I have uninstalled and reinstalled desktask. But the problem persists. I'm not very happy because I want to handle the start manually...
I think that there must be another entry wheresoever.

Anyway, greetings and a happy new year from Germany!

Andre Santos
Carthago
#6 | Posted: 30 Dec 2007 05:56 
Hi,

Sorry about that, the only solution left is putting DeskTask contents on another folder, instead of C:\Program Files\DeskTask (or wherever you installed it to) rename the folder to C:\Program Files\DeskTask2 making sure DeskTask.exe is not in the folder you installed too anymore.

If it still starts, then it's very strange, really.

Happy new year to you too

Thanks,

André Santos

Britt
#7 | Posted: 30 Dec 2007 09:06 
Hello again,
with this solution desktask doesn't start but instead of this there is an error message informing me that desktask.exe was not found and if I want to search it. This means, that somewhere is a process before that wants to start-up desktask.
I'm asking me if this an individual problem of my computer. This is really strange.

DeskTask Carthago Software forums / DeskTask /
 How to disable autostart for desktask

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.