DeskTask Carthago Software forums / DeskTask /  

can I use it as ScreenSaver

brad johnson
#1 | Posted: 10 Nov 2006 07:34 
This is a great program.
How can I make this display as my screensaver?

And if you figure out a way to do that, you will be the FIRST person to do this, and I predict more traffic for you. Apparently it is a hard thing to do to put outlook calendar up as a screensaver...

thanks

brad johnson
#2 | Posted: 10 Nov 2006 21:30 
I found a way that is close, but it has one "gotcha".

If I put a copy of the .exe and the english file into c:\windows\system32 and rename the .exe as .scr, then it will come up as the screensaver.
But then to get OUT of screensaver I have to right click the upper left icon and choose "exit"...

still pretty nice...
any cleaner way to do this??

Andre Santos
Carthago
#3 | Posted: 11 Nov 2006 18:15 
Hi,

At the moment this is not possible.

A Screen saver is a complete application and DeskTask does not work as, nor was thought to be a screen saver.

I will consider your suggestion

Thanks

André Santos
Carthago Software Support
http://www.carthagosoft.net

brad johnson
#4 | Posted: 15 Nov 2006 12:08 | Edited by: brad johnson 
Actually, this is working pretty well.
I am adding one more post for the search engines. If this is searchable, maybe it will find its way into google...

Outlook Calendar as screensaver
make screensaver be the outlook calendar
have a desktop calendar for my screensaver

explicit setup instructions:
1. install desktask per normal method, or as recommended by carthagosoft
2. from the install directory, COPY DeskTask.exe and English.dtl and then PASTE them into c:\windows\system32 or c:\winnt\system32
3. In the system32 directory, RENAME Desktask.exe to Desktask.scr
4. go to "screensaver" selector and choose "DeskTask"

Now when it goes to screensaver, Desktask will go full screen. If you do not have password protect screensaver turned on, you need to right click on the small calendar icon (upper left) and choose "exit" to get out of screensaver mode. If you DO have password enabled, just press ctl-alt-del and type in your password to exit screensaver mode.

This is a very nice app, great job Andre.

WChilla
#5 | Posted: 13 Dec 2006 00:24 
Very very nice!

The only thing left is a close on mouse-move event listener in screensaver mode... maybe through another checkbox "screensaver mode" or something like that ;-)

MeMyself
#6 | Posted: 23 Apr 2007 11:45 
While as a screen saver, one can open outlook. If you could correct this within the options window, it work perfect.
Thank you, André Santos, for all of your work.

DeskTask Carthago Software forums / DeskTask /
 can I use it as ScreenSaver

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.