DeskTask Carthago Software forums / DeskTask /  

DeskTask loading mulitple Outlook.exe processes!! Bugs?

Esquire
#1 | Posted: 2 Mar 2006 19:35 
DeskTask 1.0 RC3, Microsoft Outlook 2003

Having loaded DeskTask for a while I notice my available system memory was low (my computers have 2GB RAM). Load Task Manager and under Processes there are over 10 Outlook.exe running.

Reboot computer and immediately there is an Outlook.exe process running and the number of Outlook process grows in time. Remove DeskTask from Startup folder, reboot and there is none, hence I suspected DeskTask is causing these Outlook processes.

Another related behaviour I also notice on a computer that I reinstalled Windows recently and on which I have installed Outlook but not restored my OL items such as email, Tasks, etc. - there is no Outlook process loaded (even with DeskTask running) until I restored my OL items, then multiple OL processes is created as above.

Andre Santos
Carthago
#2 | Posted: 3 Mar 2006 04:43 
hi,

The same problem was reported earlier, and was due a plug-in installed in Outlook that would prevent Outlook.exe to be closed by DeskTask.

see this thread

So it's most likely what's causing this problem.

André Santos
Carthago Software Support
http://www.carthagosoft.net

DeskTask Carthago Software forums / DeskTask /
 DeskTask loading mulitple Outlook.exe processes!! Bugs?

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.