DeskTask Carthago Software forums / DeskTask /  

Endless Reading Data

Camber
#1 | Posted: 9 Nov 2005 07:37 
Hi, I've just installed Desk Task and started the Prog.
Desk Task is running now 60 min with 25-35% CPU usage don't read or write any data.
(EA-Bytes read = 52,692 / EA-Bytes write 144)
A stop over the Taskbar Icon isn't working so I only can stop it with the Taskman.
I'm using Outlook 11.5608.5606

What can I do

regards Camber

Andre Santos
Carthago
#2 | Posted: 9 Nov 2005 12:06 
Hi,

Unless you have a damaged Outlook installation, please look in the Outlook options (Advanced options, add-ins / COM add-ins) to see if you have any 3rd party plugin in Outlook.

It has been reported that some 3rd party PLugin's interfere in the process of reading data from Outlook

If you have , try disabling it to see if DeskTask works normally, when refreshing the icon should become red, and depending on the speed of your computer and amount of data in a few seconds the data should be displayed in the desktop

If you don't have 3rd party plugin's try reinstalling Outlook.

Let me know of any progress regarding this
Thanks,

André Santos
Carthago Software Support
http://www.carthagosoft.net

Camber
#3 | Posted: 11 Nov 2005 03:34 
Hi André,

I've done the last days all possible tests.
I've tried to repair the Outlook, disable all plugin's, Reinstall Outlook, reinstall Desk task and I'm not willing to reinstall the whole XP.
Always the result was that Desk Task take the performance from the System. Starts Outlook, let Outlook read the Data (~60MB) close Outlook and start reading data himself (I’ve given a lot of time to it (4 hours and ~ 1.6GB reading Data). What is your tool doing spying out the system. After that time I gave up and stopped.

Do you have any other idea?

Regards Camber

Andre Santos
Carthago
#4 | Posted: 11 Nov 2005 04:54 
Hi,

I thought Desktask would freeze upon reading data from Outlook, not after reading the data and then having some activity.
I'm running DeskTask right now, he already read data from Outlook and CPU is 0% and occupies around 5MB of memory.

It's the first time time I heard of such behavior of DeskTask running. Most reports are related to issues reading the data from Outlook.

There is absolutely no spyware nor anything strange in any of my programs, this can be confirmed by the 100% free certification from softpedia.com, besides I have a lot more to do then write code to spy on other people's computers, believe me.

So in you case I don't know what is the problem, but definitely there is some sort of problem in your Windows System, But I would not recommend a full reinstall of windows, try disabling programs like Anti-Virus and stuff like that to see if it improves DeskTask idle time.

Thanks,

André Santos

lloyd
#5 | Posted: 15 Nov 2005 06:05 
I have had a similar problem, and I think I was able to narrow it down to a conflict with the Opera internet browser - however since I use Opera all day long and DeskTask is always running, the fact that I cannot reliably replicate the problem suggests to me that other factors are involved.

Beta_Tester
#6 | Posted: 22 Nov 2005 03:24 
Hi,

I had a similar problem. Try the following :

1/ Change the number of days calendar reads forward to 5 days.
2/ Make sure you have an entry in calendar within the next five days.

When I did the above the program worked.

Hope that helps.

Andre Santos
Carthago
#7 | Posted: 30 Nov 2005 16:41 
lloyd wrote:
I have had a similar problem, and I think I was able to narrow it down to a conflict with the Opera internet browser - however since I use Opera all day long and DeskTask is always running, the fact that I cannot reliably replicate the problem suggests to me that other factors are involved.

This is the sort of problem I never seen reported, just in this thread, so I guess it could be 3rd party programs causing the conflict like an anti-virus or something, anyway, if have any ideia of what can be causing it, don't hesitate to contact me or post here

Thanks,

André Santos

DeskTask Carthago Software forums / DeskTask /
 Endless Reading Data

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.