DeskTask Carthago Software forums / DeskTask /  

Another vote for a certain piece of functionality

spireite
#1 | Posted: 16 Oct 2005 11:26 | Edited by: spireite 
First of all, its an excellent piece of software as far as I'm concerned. However, one of the main reasons I use this is to prevnt me having to have Outlook open all the time. The only other reason I'd need Outlook open all the time is for email notifications. I know that email notification is strictly in the remit of DeskTask, but I think it is justifiable for inclusion. No need for anything other than just saying I have new mail!

All the best!

(I know this has been mentioned before, but felt it'd get missed if I jusr repklied to the older threads)

Spheron
#2 | Posted: 17 Oct 2005 00:04 
I have Outlook open all the time to get the notifications from the calendar. If you put the notification functionality for email in DesTask spend a litle time to think about the notifications for the calender... ;-) Thnx

Greets
Marco

Andre Santos
Carthago
#3 | Posted: 21 Oct 2005 02:50 
Hi,

I Undestand checking mail would be a good feature, only of course as an option, because many people have various pop accounts and Outlook can take some time checking them all.

As this was on the "Todo List", i will move it up and see what can be done, hopefully for a next (non RC) version.

Thanks,

André Santos
Carthago Software Support
http://www.carthagosoft.net

Andre Santos
Carthago
#4 | Posted: 21 Oct 2005 02:52 
Spheron wrote:
If you put the notification functionality for email in DesTask spend a litle time to think about the notifications for the calender

That might be an ideia, however it's far from my original plan to replace Outlook, which at this rate of features can happen ;)

I will put it on the "Todo List" anyway

Thanks,

André Santos
Carthago Software Support
http://www.carthagosoft.net

DeskTask Carthago Software forums / DeskTask /
 Another vote for a certain piece of functionality

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.