BingSnap Carthago Software forums / BingSnap /  

BingSnap suggestion - new refresh image option

MrB
#1 | Posted: 28 Jul 2021 11:32 | Edited by: MrB 
Hello,

Great product, thanks for creating it 😀

Is it possible to add an option to disable the previous 7 image rotation when 'Refresh image' is selected on 'Double Click icon' dropdown option? Basically an option to revert to the previous 2.2sr1 functionality? Perhaps another dropdown selection 'Refresh image to latest' ?

Sometimes based on other programs I use which change the background image (based on specific criteria), I wish to change back to the latest BingSnap image, but which double-clicking the icon it shows the previous days image. Would then have to double-click 6 more times to get the latest image back. Or close and re-open the program.

Also, is it possible to specify the size of the Bing image retrieved? At the moment the image is 1920x1200, the Bing Wallpaper app for example retrieves the same image in 3840x2160. An option to specify size would be great too.

Regards,

Andre Santos
Carthago
#2 | Posted: 28 Jul 2021 18:22 
Hi,

Thank you for your kind comments.

MrB:
Is it possible to add an option to disable the previous 7 image rotation when 'Refresh image' is selected on 'Double Click icon' dropdown option? Basically an option to revert to the previous 2.2sr1 functionality? Perhaps another dropdown selection 'Refresh image to latest' ?

BingSnap 2.4 will replace the "Refresh" command with 2 new commands: "Get Today's Image" and "Cycle From The Last Days" and both available as double click commands which is what you want.

The ability to automatically cycle every x minutes the last days images is also a new option in 2.4.

MrB:
Also, is it possible to specify the size of the Bing image retrieved? At the moment the image is 1920x1200, the Bing Wallpaper app for example retrieves the same image in 3840x2160. An option to specify size would be great too.

Bing Snap obtains the highest resolution available in the public method, and that's the 1920x1200 variation. I've tried getting 3840x2160 but it's not possible using this method, Either the images in this resolution are not available to be pulled by a third party process or there is another method. I will have to investigate this.

Thanks again,

André Santos
Carthago Software Support
http://www.carthagosoft.net

MrB
#3 | Posted: 29 Jul 2021 10:59 
Thanks André, 2.4 features sound perfect - look forward to the release! 😁

Andre Santos
Carthago
#4 | Posted: 26 Sep 2021 07:48 
Hi Mr. B

2.4 is out, hope you can enjoy it

Regards

André Santos

MrB
#5 | Posted: 18 Oct 2021 20:44 
Just been testing it, works great - many thanks for your work.

I'll make a small donation as you've saved me the time of writing my own version (there's never enough time..) 😉

Regards,

Andre Santos
Carthago
#6 | Posted: 19 Oct 2021 18:07 | Edited by: Andre Santos 
Hi,

MrB:
Just been testing it, works great - many thanks for your work.

Thanks for your comments and your donation. It's appreciated.

André Santos

Andre Santos
Carthago
#7 | Posted: 10 Jul 2022 09:27 
Andre Santos:

Hi, just to let you know that the BingSnap v2.5 supports 3840x2160 (4k) Images!

Thanks

André Santos
https://www.carthagosoft.net

BingSnap Carthago Software forums / BingSnap /
 BingSnap suggestion - new refresh image option

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.