MemInfo Carthago Software forums / MemInfo /  

Task bar display problem?

Bryan
#1 | Posted: 9 Jan 2009 05:35 
Meminfo (v2.0) is set to startup on boot and display in the task bar. However sometimes it does not display. Process explorer shows that it is running though so what I have to do is restart it (using Process Explorer)and then it displays. I am running XP Pro SP3. Is this a meminfo bug?
Thanks for a great product!
Bryan

Andre Santos
Carthago
#2 | Posted: 9 Jan 2009 08:28 
Hi,

Windows might be hiding the MemInfo icon.

Please follow this steps
Right Click the Taskbar and select Properties.
Click the Customize button in the notification area box.
make sure MemInfo is set to always show like in the screen below:

Press OK to close both dialog windows.

Let me know if it worked.

André Santos
Carthago Software Support
http://www.carthagosoft.net

Bryan
#3 | Posted: 13 Jan 2009 02:38 
OK - thanks. I've done that. Now I just have to wait for a while and see if the problem occurs again. Will advise.
Bryan

Bryan
#4 | Posted: 15 Jan 2009 01:54 
Bad news - today on startup it didn't show. Not sure how to post screenshots here but I can tell you that it isn't in the task bar nor is it in the hidden part of the task bar, but it does appear in the list of running processes. If I restart meminfo then it appears. Very bizarre. Any thoughts?
thanks
Bryan

Andre Santos
Carthago
#5 | Posted: 15 Jan 2009 12:37 
Hi Bryan

I'm sorry the solution I presented did not work out.

Have you noticed if this happens to other applications you may have in the tray?

You can also try to remove some start up programs? And leave MemInfo to see if it happens.

It's unlikely being a MemInfo bug, since never happened here (we have it running all the time) nor ever been reported.

Thanks,
André Santos
Carthago Software Support
http://www.carthagosoft.net

Bryan
#6 | Posted: 16 Jan 2009 03:06 
OK - I'll experiment around with the startup programs and see if any of them are blocking it out somehow. I have noticed that the volume icon sometimes doesn't appear also in which case I have to go to control panel and even though it is marked as "show on taskbar" I have to uncheck it and re-check it and apply and then it appears. Maybe it is a windows problem of some kind.

thanks anyway.
Bryan

MemInfo Carthago Software forums / MemInfo /
 Task bar display problem?

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.