MemInfo Carthago Software forums / MemInfo /  

Nice program!! So, how does it work??

Dan Miller
#1 | Posted: 3 Aug 2007 10:09 
I'm am *amazed* by MemInfo!! I have a WinXPSP2 machine with 1GB memory, but I run alot of programs. I was showing 160MB free, and if I tried to start up GoogleEarth it would freeze up the machine. Then I ran MemInfo to defrag memory, and after that I had 600MB free!! GE ran like a champ, and everything else appears to still be working. Wonderfully done!

I'm curious, though, about what the program actually does?? When I defreg a disk, I don't actually gain any extra disk space, it just moves all the occupied clusters to one place, so all the free disk in one place (at least in theory).

How does MemInfo actually create more memory??

Andre Santos
Carthago
#2 | Posted: 3 Aug 2007 15:13 
Hi,

Thanks for your comments.

There is no magic in defragmenting your PC's memory, MemInfo just tries to allocate all the memory possible thus making Windows "rework" the current memory status and recover has much RAM as possible.

Thanks,

André Santos
Carthago Software Support
http://www.carthagosoft.net

Dan Miller
#3 | Posted: 6 Aug 2007 17:48 
Oh!! So Windows itself will to garbage collection, of a sort, if it's running low on memory!?!? That's pretty cool!!
Thanks for the response...

MemInfo Carthago Software forums / MemInfo /
 Nice program!! So, how does it work??

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.