DeskTask Carthago Software forums / DeskTask /  

Docking Bug (not serious)

OLLI_S
#1 | Posted: 24 Nov 2009 01:40 
Hello,

I opened DeskTask and docked the list to the left bottom corner.
So the text is displayed above the task bar and on the left side.
Perfect!

When I add two tasks then the list is moved up, so the last entry is again above the task bar.
Also perfect.

But after deleting a Task in Outlook and refreshing the list, the tasks are "deleted" from the desktop, but the list is not moving down to the task bar.
So between the last task and the task bar I see free space where the two tasks were placed before.

When you remove an entry you should also move the complete list down.

Greetings

OLLI

Andre Santos
Carthago
#2 | Posted: 25 Nov 2009 15:47 
Hi,

It's not that easy, since DeskTask does not know if its "docked".

What DeskTask does, when adjusts itself with new items, is making sure it's window is fully visible after a refresh. If items are removed, the window is still visible, hence DeskTask does not adjust itself.

The only way to I see to fix this is have a new "docked to" option.

Your ideas are welcome

Thanks

André Santos
Carthago Software Support
http://www.carthagosoft.net

OLLI_S
#3 | Posted: 30 Nov 2009 04:53 
Hello,

If you move the DeskTask window to the border, it is snapped to the edge, so you have this behaviour.
I think this is done by a component you use in Borland Delphi (looking at the EXE with a HEX edior shows me that you work with Delphi).
I am a delphi programmer too, so maybe if you tell me what component (package) you use, maybe I can help.

Anyway, you know the window size (you set it ti the number of entries you show) and the position of the window.
Cobining the position with the size (height and width) should make it easy to see if the window is docked.
So you remember in a varable that the window is docked.
If the user moves the window, you update this docking information.

If you display less entries because an entry in Outlook is deleted, you update the window height.
If the window was docked before, then you also update the position.

But in my opinion the component library providing the docking mechanism should also have a property telling you if the window is docked or not.

Greetings

OLLI

DeskTask Carthago Software forums / DeskTask /
 Docking Bug (not serious)

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.