DeskTask Carthago Software forums / DeskTask /  

Dual Monitor Issue (not the usual stuff)

rshields
#1 | Posted: 25 Aug 2007 16:41 | Edited by: rshields 
Like many, I have been having an issue using DeskTask with dual monitors. But the bit about the secondary monitor does not seem to apply to me.

I have a laptop and its LCD screen is monitor 1, and it's the primary. A CRT is monitor 2 and it's the secondary.

After some playing around I discovered the DeskTask works just fine if I have the secondary set up as being to the right of my primary (when dragging the monitor icons to match your physical arrangement). If I set the secondary to be left of the primary (which is what my physical arrangement mandates) that is when DeskTask fails in the usual way (cannot be moved, cannot select items, etc.)

Can anyone make anything of that and suggest a workaround (since I cannot change the physical location of my CRT monitor the obvious, simple fix will not work for me)

Thanks,

Robert

Jason
#2 | Posted: 23 Oct 2007 05:38 
I've run into the same issue. I have three monitors setup and my primary is the middle. DeskTask loads fine on the middle monitor but I can't move it or click on any of the items. I didn't have this issue when running two monitors as long as my primary was the left most.

Have you found a fix yet?

Chris Kaczor
#3 | Posted: 30 Jul 2008 07:58 
I'm having the same issue. I have my laptop in front of me as my primary monitor and an LCD display to the left as the secondary monitor.

In this setup I can't move the DeskTask window or click on any of the items. If I change the orientation in Windows to have the secondary on the right it works but I only have room for my secondary monitor on the left.

I was very excited to find DeskTask but it really isn't going to work for me with my current configuration.

I'm assuming this is because DeskTask doesn't like the negative screen positions - with a secondary monitor on the left all its coordinates are negative. If the secondary monitor is on the right all its coordinates are positive.

I'm a software developer so if there is anything you need me to test in order to fix this I'm ready and willing. =)

Chris Kaczor
#4 | Posted: 10 Aug 2008 16:23 
Oh well - it seemed cool.

Vince
#5 | Posted: 28 Aug 2008 09:54 
My primary monitor is a laptop, and it's set up on the left, but my secondary monitor is rotated 90 degrees (so I can view letter-size docs at 100%), and I'm also unable to move DeskTask around.

Too bad, this software would have been great.

DeskTask Carthago Software forums / DeskTask /
 Dual Monitor Issue (not the usual stuff)

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.