DeskTask Carthago Software forums / DeskTask /  

Outlook 2002 startup view

Dave Zerweck
#1 | Posted: 8 Mar 2007 22:35 
Thanks for the nice software. I just downloaded it to see if it might work for my needs, and it does 2 things that a bit of a bother. First, when I click on a link which opens Outlook (either an appointment/task or calendar/tasklist), it opens with a non-maximized window (I normally start Outlook with a maximized window). Also, it resets (or updates) the view to show the Outlook Bar view when I normally only use the Folder List view on the left hand side. It would be nice to be able to start Outlook from a link just as I normally would from my quick launch bar and not have to reset these things every time. Is there some way to do this easily? Just as a side note, after I installed the software, I updated my calendar and moved some appointments (drag-n-drop). After I did this and refreshed the Desktask view, I now have the following headings under Calendar - Tomorrow, Monday, Today, Tomorrow, Saturday, Sunday ... in that order (notice the duplication). The listings under these subheadings is not the same (no duplicates under each of the "Tomorrow" headings). Any ideas? Sorry for making this so long, maybe I should have made to posts ... Thanks for your help.

PS. I just exited and restarted the software, and now the subheadings are - Today, Monday, Today, Tomorrow, Sunday ... again with no duplicate sublistings. Also, a couple of these appointments are recurring if that makes a difference? Thanks again.

Dave Zerweck
#2 | Posted: 9 Mar 2007 14:03 
I think I fixed the mixed up display showing 2 x Tomorrow etc. It was actually showing up in my Outlook Today with multiples of the same day. As for the view adjustments that happen with each opening of Outlook, that is still a problem. Also, I was wondering if there were a way of telling Desktask that Outlook is already open and to use that instance instead of opening a new one each time I click a link. Is that possible? Thanks.

DeskTask Carthago Software forums / DeskTask /
 Outlook 2002 startup view

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.