DeskTask Carthago Software forums / DeskTask /  

Can not change position

BlackICE
#1 | Posted: 1 Jul 2006 16:58 
Hi!

I just downloaded Desktask. It is very nice. But it does not matter what I do, I can not change the position of it.

Also I can not click on any item, no matter if the option to go to outlook is switched on or not.

When I try to drag it, I always get the select rectangle of windows desktop.

so what is wrong?

BlackICE
#2 | Posted: 1 Jul 2006 17:04 
I forgot:

here is a screenshot:

http://www.nets.at/hakan/screenshot.jpg

- I have dualmonitor
- I switched off the option to snap to the desktop edges
- I have a geforce 7900 gtx card
- Window blinds
- objectdock plus

I also tried to switch off window blinds and objectdock plus but no difference

Andre Santos
Carthago
#3 | Posted: 1 Jul 2006 18:13 
Hi,

I was going to suggest switch off the StarDock Applications, but you already tried that.

Can you disable the second monitor to see if you can move the window?

Thanks,

André Santos
Carthago Software Support
http://www.carthagosoft.net

BlackICE
#4 | Posted: 2 Jul 2006 04:15 
Thats it! When I switch to single monitor, it works.

I think, the problem is that:

- main screen is on the right
- secondary screen is on the left

I guess as the secondary screen has negative coordinates, your software is not able to get mouseclicks correct.

I tried this out:

main screen on the left. secondary screen on the right. I can change position.

Andre Santos
Carthago
#5 | Posted: 2 Jul 2006 06:17 
Hi,

Just tested DeskTask with dual monitor setup.
Using extended screen mode I was able to move DeskTask window independently of which screen is the primary.

I'm not using the latest Gforce Drivers. my version is 6.14.10.6177
what is your version? Maybe this is directly related to Nvidia Drivers?

André Santos

BlackICE
#6 | Posted: 2 Jul 2006 06:23 | Edited by: BlackICE 
Forceware 84.21

I use Dualview

and you moved monitor number 2 from the right to the left? This is a setting of windows, not of the Forceware drivers. in the settings dialogue you can move the monitors there. My monitor 2 has the coordinates -1600,0

When I leave the monitor at the right, everything works fine. Only when I move it to the left of monitor 1, the problem occurs

Andre Santos
Carthago
#7 | Posted: 2 Jul 2006 06:54 
Hi,

Yes that's it, when setting the primary display to the second monitor in Windows, DeskTask does not move, and on my display it even disappears after a refresh.

This seems to work ok just using Nvidia Dual Monitor settings (it worked for me)

I don't know why this happens this way, I guess it's a bug from windows itself and it's pretty much beyond my possibilities to fix since it's like the window is not there.

Is it a problem for you settings for the dual monitors setup using just the Nivdia drivers? It's pretty much the only workaround at moment.

Sorry For this and thanks for the extensive bug report.

André Santos

BlackICE
#8 | Posted: 2 Jul 2006 10:10 
Ok, I played around with the monitor settings.

In the nvidia settings I can not set the desktop in a way as I want. It DOES show the desktops as I want but I must go out with the mouse on the opposite side to go to other monitor. But I discovered, that this settings also makes DeskTask to behave bad.

I do not have appropriate place on my table to change the monitors. My primary monitor in front of me is to the right of monitor 2. therefore the monitor at the right is main monitor.

I had problems with other applications in the past. The problem was solved. The programmer told me, that windows is reporting negative coordinates or that the software must also know about negative coordinates in order to work fine. Maybe this hint helps you?

when you are in the settings window, before you press on the advanced button to access the Forceware settings, just drag one monitor to other side of the monitor, then you will see, what I mean. It also shows there the coordinates.

DeskTask Carthago Software forums / DeskTask /
 Can not change position

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.