DeskTask Carthago Software forums / DeskTask /  

Suggestion - Outlook Password

benmartens
#1 | Posted: 10 May 2006 11:38 
Hi@all,

thanks for this nice program. I installed the program today and I like this tool.

I have some suggestion / questions for this program and I hope that this will not be a duplicate entry.

1. My Outlook ist password protected. So every time the program will update the data, I have to type in the password. I would appreciate it if there were a password-function which will do this automatically.

2. Do you think of an API or a plugin interface where other programmers can develop some useful addons for this tool?

Thanks again for this lovely tool!

Andre Santos
Carthago
#2 | Posted: 14 May 2006 08:16 
Hi,

benmartens wrote:
1. My Outlook ist password protected. So every time the program will update the data, I have to type in the password. I would appreciate it if there were a password-function which will do this automatically.

Thanks, I will look into this, I personally don't use password, and never this problem have been posted here. I cannot promise, since at this time I'm not sure if Outlook accepts sending the password. I have to to some tests, but hopefully it will be done.

benmartens wrote:
2. Do you think of an API or a plugin interface where other programmers can develop some useful addons for this tool?

It would be a possible idea, what sort of addons would you have in mind or think may be missing?

Thanks,

André Santos
Carthago Software Support
http://www.carthagosoft.net

benmartens
#3 | Posted: 15 May 2006 11:26 
Hi,
thanks for your answer!

Andre Santos wrote:
It would be a possible idea, what sort of addons would you have in mind or think may be missing?

My idea was that other people can program their ideas / suggestions / missing things... and post it in the forum or at a website. Like the Firefox Extensions for example, but I am not sure if you like this idea. I thought it could help you to solve (other) problems.

Andre Santos
Carthago
#4 | Posted: 21 May 2006 16:11 
benmartens wrote:
My idea was that other people can program their ideas / suggestions / missing things... and post it in the forum or at a website. Like the Firefox Extensions for example, but I am not sure if you like this idea. I thought it could help you to solve (other) problems.

I see. I think DeskTask is too small for that, I mean the goal is to show the calendar/tasks on the desktop, maybe something could be done in that regard to show other stuff, but the architecture would have to be changed, there are no plans for that currently.

I have an ideia to make skins (basically make the layout customizable), but, my goal was a simple and effective app, which i think it is. We'll see.

Thanks,

André Santos

Andre Santos
Carthago
#5 | Posted: 13 Jun 2006 06:08 
Regarding the Outlook Password, no luck.

see here for more details

Sorry about that,

André Santos

DeskTask Carthago Software forums / DeskTask /
 Suggestion - Outlook Password

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.