DeskTask Carthago Software forums / DeskTask /  

Suggestion - Notes from Outlook

David Sherrin
#1 | Posted: 15 Apr 2006 04:32 
Hi

Firstly many thanks for the software it is very helpful and seems to work great without any hitches.

I have been looking around the forum and was wondering if in addition to
Calendar / Tasks maybe the Notes element from Outlook might also be added.

If this has already been suggested - Sorry.

Many thanks again and keep up the good work.

Andre Santos
Carthago
#2 | Posted: 16 Apr 2006 03:11 
Hi,

Thanks for your comments.

David Sherrin wrote:
I have been looking around the forum and was wondering if in addition to
Calendar / Tasks maybe the Notes element from Outlook might also be added.

I always thought of this might be added, however I personally don't use notes that much (a task can always be used as note), but it's a valid ideia, I just see one problem, which would be the bloating of the DeskTask window, because notes have no filter options like displaying the Calendar or Tasks. Evidently implementing this would with an optional on / off feature, but having like 20 notes would make the window go out of the screen.
I've just checked and Notes does have categories, maybe this could be done with a filter for categories, and would be up to the user to play with their list.

I will put it on the "todo List" but I don't know if it goes a bit off the original plans for DeskTask

David Sherrin wrote:
If this has already been suggested - Sorry.

This is hardly a problem, since I can see which features would be the most popular.

Thanks,

André Santos
Carthago Software Support
http://www.carthagosoft.net

DeskTask Carthago Software forums / DeskTask /
 Suggestion - Notes from Outlook

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.