Twistpad Carthago Software forums / Twistpad /  

Tabs & Spaces

dandersahn
#1 | Posted: 7 Feb 2008 08:32 
I'm trying to configure Twistpad to insert tabs instead of spaces such that the the same position as it would if I was entering a tab but instead use spaces. If I use the "use spaces instead of tab" option, the same number of spaces are inserted regardless of the cursor position. For instance, if I have my tab stops set to 4 characters and I type two characters at the beginning of a line and then press tab, I want two space characters inserted. Doing so would put the cursor at the next 4 character tab stop, the same position as would be accomplished if a tab character was inserted. Twistpad (at least how I have it configured) inserts 4 characters regardless of where the cursor is. This behavior seems to defeat the purpose of a tab.

Andre Santos
Carthago
#2 | Posted: 7 Feb 2008 16:54 
Hi, thanks again for your feedback.

Yes, I can confirm, when using the option "Use spaces instead of tabs", the spaces inserted don't respect the tab-stop position like you describe and as it should. It will be fixed in next version.

Thanks,

André Santos
Carthago Software Support
http://www.carthagosoft.net

Twistpad Carthago Software forums / Twistpad /
 Tabs & Spaces

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.