Twistpad Carthago Software forums / Twistpad /  

Maximum number of keywaords in syntax files

troels
#1 | Posted: 19 May 2007 15:42 
Is there a maximum to how many keywords can be defined in a keyword section of syntax files?

Andre Santos
Carthago
#2 | Posted: 20 May 2007 10:34 
Hi,

There is no known limit.

Thanks

André Santos
Carthago Software Support
http://www.carthagosoft.net

troels
#3 | Posted: 20 May 2007 12:46 | Edited by: troels 
OK. That was a leading question. I have added the list of built-in functions to the PHP.syn file, and it doesn't seem to work. There are a couple of thousands of entries (About 6000 actually), so the limit must be somewhere below that.

troels
#4 | Posted: 21 May 2007 01:04 
My experimenting so far suggests that a maximum of 2048 characters are parsed for each KeywordXX= line
Could you increase this maximum?

Is there any performance hits by having so many entries registered as keywords btw.? Unless you're indexing them in some way, I reckon that looping through all entries all the time, will eat up CPU cycles pretty fast.

Andre Santos
Carthago
#5 | Posted: 24 May 2007 05:19 
troels wrote:
My experimenting so far suggests that a maximum of 2048 characters are parsed for each KeywordXX= line
Could you increase this maximum?

I can confirm this after some tests. This has been fixed for the next version.

troels wrote:
Is there any performance hits by having so many entries registered as keywords btw.? Unless you're indexing them in some way, I reckon that looping through all entries all the time, will eat up CPU cycles pretty fast.

Twistpad handles reasonably well a big amount of keywords / Start-stop sections, but I have to say that 6000 keywords will have performance issues in Twistpad.

Thanks

André Santos
Carthago Software Support
http://www.carthagosoft.net

Twistpad Carthago Software forums / Twistpad /
 Maximum number of keywaords in syntax files

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.