DeskTask Carthago Software forums / DeskTask /  

Category separation

YourMum
#1 | Posted: 11 Oct 2005 05:54 
Would it be possible to show the tasks split into their respective categories? How about allowing each category to be minimised - shrinking it to just one line?

BTW: Excellent little utility. Big thumbs up from me :)

Andre Santos
Carthago
#2 | Posted: 11 Oct 2005 09:29 
YourMum wrote:
Would it be possible to show the tasks split into their respective categories? How about allowing each category to be minimised - shrinking it to just one line?

That's a good ideia, however if a task belongs to several categories, how can that be shown? duplicate the Task for each category? I Don't know if that would work, it would just bring confusion.

Your thoughts are welcome

YourMum wrote:
BTW: Excellent little utility. Big thumbs up from me :)

Thanks for your comments!

Thanks,

André Santos
Carthago Software Support
http://www.carthagosoft.net

YourMum
#3 | Posted: 11 Oct 2005 11:09 
Andre Santos wrote:
That's a good ideia, however if a task belongs to several categories, how can that be shown? duplicate the Task for each category? I Don't know if that would work, it would just bring confusion.

Yes, duplicate the task in each category. This is the standard in all other apps I have seen, including Outlook itself when you view tasks grouped by Category.

Andre Santos
Carthago
#4 | Posted: 14 Oct 2005 04:33 
YourMum wrote:
Yes, duplicate the task in each category. This is the standard in all other apps I have seen, including Outlook itself when you view tasks grouped by Category.

Yes, I've played a bit with Outlook, and he duplicated the Task.

It's an ideia, but my original plan was to keep it simple, so I'm afraid grouping Tasks and show them all will only bloat the window. You still have Outlook to do that kind of stuff and keep DeskTask for the Task you have in hand, which is now quite doable since you can select to show/hide some categories.

Thanks,

André Santos
Carthago Software Support
http://www.carthagosoft.net

DeskTask Carthago Software forums / DeskTask /
 Category separation

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.