Tray FM Carthago Software forums / Tray FM /  

Tray FM - first Impressions

smaragdus
#1 | Posted: 29 Jul 2022 19:37 
I did a brief testing of Tray FM for the sake of testing and my impressions of the program are great- portable mode supported, relatively light and small, minimal and slick interface, editing radio library is easy (I was pleasantly surprised that drag&drop is supported), overall a great radio player for a first version, excellent work!

Several observations:

- I noticed that I could select multiple folders in the radio library but I could not delete all the selected folders, I had to delete one folder at a time;
- The dark theme applies only to tray menu, not to library and settings windows;
- Library and settings windows do not remember their position on desktop;
- There seems to be no volume control, I suppose that a kind of volume bar in the tray menu would be handy;
- Perhaps a mute button in the tray menu would also be handy as there would be no need to stop the playback to mute it;

Anyway, all these issues are minor ones. Also the program seems to be very stable, no crashes or errors for about 3 hours of usage.

I tested this radio player mainly because I use MemInfo from the same developer, a program which I like.

I suppose that Tray FM deserves to have its own forum thread.

Andre Santos
Carthago
#2 | Posted: 30 Jul 2022 16:30 | Edited by: Andre Santos 
Hi smaragdus

smaragdus:
I did a brief testing of Tray FM for the sake of testing and my impressions of the program are great- portable mode supported, relatively light and small, minimal and slick interface, editing radio library is easy (I was pleasantly surprised that drag&drop is supported), overall a great radio player for a first version, excellent work!

Thanks taking time to test Tray FM! and for your comment! Feedback is always appreciated.

smaragdus:
- I noticed that I could select multiple folders in the radio library but I could not delete all the selected folders, I had to delete one folder at a time;

That is a bug.. It was not meant for multiple selection (at least for now)

smaragdus:
- The dark theme applies only to tray menu, not to library and settings windows;

Yes, the theme is only meant for the Tray menu, the rest is standard Windows colors

smaragdus:
- Library and settings windows do not remember their position on desktop;

Again by design, Tray FM dialogs should be "stuck" to the tray area

smaragdus:
- There seems to be no volume control, I suppose that a kind of volume bar in the tray menu would be handy;

Since the standard Volume Windows tray icon can be easily access i thought it was unnecessary, I'll think about it.

smaragdus:
- Perhaps a mute button in the tray menu would also be handy as there would be no need to stop the playback to mute it;

Maybe I can added it as an option for the Tray double click action

smaragdus:
Anyway, all these issues are minor ones. Also the program seems to be very stable, no crashes or errors for about 3 hours of usage.
I tested this radio player mainly because I use MemInfo from the same developer, a program which I like.

Thanks again for your feedback and i hope you can continue using Tray FM (and MemInfo)

smaragdus:
I suppose that Tray FM deserves to have its own forum thread.

Done, I've moved your message to the new Tray FM Forum.

Thanks,

André Santos
Carthago Software Support
https://www.carthagosoft.net

Tray FM Carthago Software forums / Tray FM /
 Tray FM - first Impressions

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.