Twistpad Carthago Software forums / Twistpad /  

Assigning Hotkeys to Saved Macros

Jer
#1 | Posted: 1 Mar 2013 08:26 | Edited by: Jer 
So far, I have been able to replace TextPad with TwistPad in every single aspect except one. In TextPad I have several saved macros that I use all the time. One is just a simple line of "="'s that I use to divide sections, another is a Date/Timestamp in a little block. I used Ctrl+T and Ctrl+R respectively to call them.

Ex:
==========================================
and

---------------------------------------
9:04 AM 11/20/2012
---------------------------------------

I did find I could hotkey a timestamp which is a little bit of a compensation, but is there any way to hotkey macros? This way I would be able to format everything how I'm used to.

Thanks,
Jeremy

Edit: And one last thing I noticed .. not really related to this topic's title but has to do with the switch from TextPad to TwistPad. Is there any way to enable scrolling beyond the line count? Often if I'm working at the end of the file, I like to have my text in the middle of the screen rather than at the bottom. TextPad allowed me to scroll past the end of the file - wasn't sure if that was available here.

Thanks,
Jeremy

Andre Santos
Carthago
#2 | Posted: 2 Mar 2013 11:37 | Edited by: Andre Santos 
Hi,

Sorry for the late reply.

Jer wrote:
I did find I could hotkey a timestamp which is a little bit of a compensation, but is there any way to hotkey macros? This way I would be able to format everything how I'm used to.

Sorry no, it's not possible in the current version, It's an interesting feature, and I will try to make it to the next version.

Jer wrote:
Is there any way to enable scrolling beyond the line count? Often if I'm working at the end of the file, I like to have my text in the middle of the screen rather than at the bottom. TextPad allowed me to scroll past the end of the file - wasn't sure if that was available here.

Again, no sorry. I understand your use of this, but by design the Twistpad editor does not support scrolling beyond the line count

Thanks for your query's,

André Santos
Carthago Software Support
http://www.carthagosoft.net

Julia Anderson
#3 | Posted: 6 Aug 2013 02:36 | Edited by: Julia Anderson 

Donald Johnson
#4 | Posted: 29 Nov 2014 11:45 
Is the ability to Assign Hotkeys to Saved Macros in the queue for a future version? I have a number of saved macros I'd like to use easier than:

Tools | Keyboard Macros | Playback Macro... | select macro | [Enter]

Perhaps something like External Tools where the tool is added to the menu and a hotkey can be assigned?

Thanks,
Donald.

p.s. Please don't take this as a complaint. Twistpad is great. Maybe this could make it even better. ;)

Andre Santos
Carthago
#5 | Posted: 3 Dec 2014 04:25 
Donald,

Thank you for you comments on Twistpad.

Yes, this feature is in queued for upcoming versions.

Your suggestion of making something like External Tools is very interesting, perhaps listing all macros under the "Macro Menu" and having the possibility to add an Hotkey as a property of the Macro itself.

Maybe for next version.

Thanks,

André Santos
Carthago Software Support
http://www.carthagosoft.net

Twistpad Carthago Software forums / Twistpad /
 Assigning Hotkeys to Saved Macros

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.