Twistpad Carthago Software forums / Twistpad /  

Error: Syntax file is invalid, syntax will not be applied

Jer
#1 | Posted: 28 Feb 2013 13:33 
So I just spent a long time creating a .sdf file for my companies proprietary programming language while keeping a file open so I could monitor the changes. However, when I tried to open a different file, I suddenly get the error

Syntax file for "txt" is invalid, syntax will not be applied

(all the code I deal with is in .txt format). I don't know what I could have done wrong with the .syn file.. only thing I can think of was that I had crammed a ton of keywords onto one line but even after removing them it still had an error. Is there anything known that might cause this error?

I'd upload the file so people could take a look but it looks like the forum only supports image uploading...

Any ideas?
Thanks,
Jeremy

Andre Santos
Carthago
#2 | Posted: 28 Feb 2013 14:09 
Jeremy,

Can you send the .sdf file to support@carthagosoft.net so I can have a look?

please if possible, also send a sample file from your companies programming language

I will reply as soon as i can see what is the problem.

Thanks,

André Santos
Carthago Software Support
http://www.carthagosoft.net

Jer
#3 | Posted: 1 Mar 2013 07:56 
Just posting the resolution that was found for this issue in case someone else finds this. The problem was "=" was defined in my "Operators" section which screwed up the file.

Andre Santos
Carthago
#4 | Posted: 2 Mar 2013 11:24 
Jeremy,

glad I could help, hope you can continue to enjoy Twistpad.

Thanks

André Santos
Carthago Software Support
http://www.carthagosoft.net

Twistpad Carthago Software forums / Twistpad /
 Error: Syntax file is invalid, syntax will not be applied

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.