MemInfo Carthago Software forums / MemInfo /  

Refresh rate

thanhlongmbk
#1 | Posted: 30 Oct 2008 05:17 
Can you add the refresh rate into the options board? I just want to update the information each second, no need too fast. You can add a progress bar or a milisecond text box, so I can choose the refresh rate I like.

Thank you!

thanhlongmbk
#2 | Posted: 30 Oct 2008 05:21 
And please add the new option for the amount of memory instead of the percentage, because I want it to show under 256Mb, it's easy to read than 10%, especially when I use in many systems with the not same size of ram.

thanhlongmbk
#3 | Posted: 30 Oct 2008 05:24 
And I can change the color of the progress bar's border^^ It's all, every othre things is fine. I like it very much. I used to use MemTurbo just for showing the memory infomation, I don't use any other features, so I was change to your tool yesterday morning.

Thank you very much!

thanhlongmbk
#4 | Posted: 30 Oct 2008 05:25 
The "draw standard bar" I think is not needed, hope you think so^^

Andre Santos
Carthago
#5 | Posted: 2 Nov 2008 06:57 
Hi,

thanhlongmbk wrote:
Can you add the refresh rate into the options board? I just want to update the information each second, no need too fast. You can add a progress bar or a milisecond text box, so I can choose the refresh rate I like.

MemInfo 2.0 will be out soon, It will have this :)

thanhlongmbk wrote:
And please add the new option for the amount of memory instead of the percentage, because I want it to show under 256Mb, it's easy to read than 10%, especially when I use in many systems with the not same size of ram.

You can set MemInfo to show the actual value instead of the percentage in the options

thanhlongmbk wrote:
And I can change the color of the progress bar's border^^ It's all, every othre things is fine. I like it very much. I used to use MemTurbo just for showing the memory infomation, I don't use any other features, so I was change to your tool yesterday morning.

MemInfo 2.0 will support custom themes, which allow customization of all colors in the tray

thanhlongmbk wrote:

The "draw standard bar" I think is not needed, hope you think so^^

Since this is optional I see no need to remove it from the application.

Thanks,

André Santos
Carthago Software Support
http://www.carthagosoft.net

thanhlongmbk
#6 | Posted: 7 Nov 2008 10:48 
Andre Santos wrote:
thanhlongmbk wrote:
-> You can set MemInfo to show the actual value instead of the percentage in the options

Maybe what I want to talk about is not clear, I want to talk about the level when the color reach yellow and red. For example, I want the color change to yellow when the free ram is under 1024MB and to red when under 256MB. But, I can use the percentage to set these levels, it's easy because your tool is very fine.

Your new 2.0 version is fixed the internal font, it now can show the free memory when the free ram is over 2gb. With old version, it can show good under 2gb because the first digit is 1, take not long space, it will be error when the first digit is 2 or 3.

Every thing is fine now, the color, the font, the refresh rate... with me it's too enought. Thank you for your tool, small and usefull. Hope you to have more usefull tools like this, and really hope to help you if possible.

thanhlongmbk
#7 | Posted: 7 Nov 2008 10:55 
There's a small change I found, is that now I can select both free mem and percentage options, with old version I just can choose one of them. And a small bug, is that when I choose the black color in win 2003 for the border and the text, they will be transparent. But I can choose a near black color for that so it's not a big problem, I can stil use your tool and no need any update!

Andre Santos
Carthago
#8 | Posted: 9 Nov 2008 10:31 
thanhlongmbk wrote:
Maybe what I want to talk about is not clear, I want to talk about the level when the color reach yellow and red. For example, I want the color change to yellow when the free ram is under 1024MB and to red when under 256MB. But, I can use the percentage to set these levels, it's easy because your tool is very fine.

Oh I see, sorry I did not understand what you meant.
It's a possibility to use values instead of percentage, I'll see what can be done in upcoming versions.

thanhlongmbk wrote:

And a small bug, is that when I choose the black color in win 2003 for the border and the text, they will be transparent. But I can choose a near black color for that so it's not a big problem, I can stil use your tool and no need any update!

I see, but i cannot reproduce this. Indeed choosing the magenta color for the text will render it transparent (like you said on the other post), that will be fixed. unfortunately i cannot reproduce the problem in XP with the black text. I will try to install 2003 and see if it happens here.

Thanks

André Santos

Andre Santos
Carthago
#9 | Posted: 9 Nov 2008 15:50 
Hi,

I tried setting the border and the text to black in Windows 2003 and they are not transparent... the same bug happens if i set the text color to magenta, but not with black!

any additional info to reproduce this?

Thanks

André Santos

thanhlongmbk
#10 | Posted: 9 Nov 2008 23:19 
Because this tool is stayed in the tray, and when someone uses it he/she will not change many options usually. There are some small changes help me to manager settings, but maybe useful with me, not useful with others.

The general tab is OK. The Display tab have some options I don't use: dark bar, standard bar, and the font color is not needed because we can set in in the colors tab. The colors tab, the theme manager is not needed because we don't change the colors usually, and the combo also not needed. We can use one list box with the colors in the second column, and when some one want to change color, he/she just double click on the row and the select color will appear. With that, we can see the colors of each row at the same time and esier to change with standard color picker, like this...

Andre Santos
Carthago
#11 | Posted: 10 Nov 2008 04:17 
Thanks for your suggestions, but some features are for backwards compatibility and people who do not bother with themes anyway.

It's all customized so, if you don't use certain feature, don't turn it on\ignore it.

The color combo is there, to allow a default color, again for people who don't bother much, but want the basic functionality.

Themes are important is you want to change the colors or use different Windows styles, so I don't see the point to remove them, on the contrary, it was the goal for version 2.0. Again if you don't use it just ignore it, or use a previous version

Thanks,

André Santos

MemInfo Carthago Software forums / MemInfo /
 Refresh rate

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.