DeskTask Carthago Software forums / DeskTask /  

"Call was rejected by callee" error

Davide_83
#1 | Posted: 8 Dec 2010 05:17 
Hi all,

I have a trouble with Desktask (v 1.2).
Very often when it refresh itself I get this error "Chiamata respinta dal chiamato" (I have italian as default language), and in English it sounds like "Call was rejected by callee".

I tryed to fix it reinstalling desktask but nothing changed... should I reinstall Outlook 2007 too or is there a simplest way to fix?

Thanks

Andre Santos
Carthago
#2 | Posted: 9 Dec 2010 04:04 
Hi,

Please check this
thread

This is a recurrent problem, caused by Outlook.

Thanks

André Santos
Carthago Software Support
http://www.carthagosoft.net

Erik Lash
#3 | Posted: 23 Jan 2011 13:48 
Hi,

I am also using Desk Task version 1.2 but with Outlook 2010. I have used previous versions with Outlook 2007 and I really appreciate your software. It is extremely useful and helpful and imho the best software of this kind on the market.

I receive the same error, but only intermittently and I have looked at the thread you suggested. The error specifically says "DeskTask - call rejected by callee".

I'm failing to see how this could be an Outlook problem. The problem does not occur except with DeskTask (ie. not with Outlook on the Desktop which I have also tried) My Office 2010 is a clean install with no accessory add-ons which are not supposed to be there.

Again it only occurs intermittently, not all the time. I could go days without this problem exhibiting but when it does it continues until I restart the machine or open and close Outlook to clear the error. After that, no problem for a while.

I'm not trying to second guess your programmers but could this be an issue with your error trapping code or the way in which your software handles it's access to Outlook images?

If it is actually the way in which Outlook operates that is causing the problem is there another approach to accessing the invisible image that you can try?

Again, I really like your software but this rejected callee issue is rather annoying.

Thanks

Andre Santos
Carthago
#4 | Posted: 24 Jan 2011 14:54 
hi

I'm not aware on how the guys on Outlook on the Desktop connect with Outlook, but it's not a problem of DeskTask per se. An invisible copy of Outlook is launched and this error is raised by Outlook. It could be something in Windows, I'm not sure.

I would love to fix this, but since I've never replicated this problem even with several installations of Outlook, it's rather difficult.

If you have additional information on how to replicate the problem, let me know.

Thanks,

André Santos
Carthago Software Support
http://www.carthagosoft.net

DeskTask Carthago Software forums / DeskTask /
 "Call was rejected by callee" error

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.