DeskTask Carthago Software forums / DeskTask /  

Appointment days not sorted correctly

Marius
#1 | Posted: 24 Apr 2010 12:39 
Hi!

Desktask is a fantastic tool. There's only one flaw/ bug I've noticed:

On my system (XP SP3, Outlook 2003, German) the appointment days are not sorted correctly. Right now I get:

- WED 28 (1 appointment)
- MON 26 (several)
- TUE 27 (several)
- WED 28 (again!, anaother appointment)

Changing the language setting in Desktask doesn't help. Any hint would be appreciated.

Thanks & Cheers!
Marius

Andre Santos
Carthago
#2 | Posted: 25 Apr 2010 11:18 
Hi

Sorry about this problem.

For debug purposes can you specify, besides the day of the appointments, start and end time of each and if they are all day events so that I can try to create the same scenario to see what is the problem.

Please note that regional versions of Outlook may not be compatible with DeskTask. I can only guarantee a correctly working on a English version of Outlook

Thanks,

André Santos
Carthago Software Support
http://www.carthagosoft.net

Marius
#3 | Posted: 26 Apr 2010 04:30 
Hi!

I made a screenshot which should contain all relevant information:

No all day appointments, most of the appointments belong to a series. If i's aq problem with German localisation, maybe I can help to fix it. However, why Wednesday appears twice is a mystery to me---both appointments belong to a series, and I don't see any difference in their settings.

Just contact me if I can be of any help ... Or wait, while I'm writing this, there's a difference. The first appointment also took place the week before, the second one doesn't. Maybe the first occurrence in the series is taken for sorting, not the actual one?

Changing Destask's language profile doesn't matter, neither does the "use today/ tomorrow" option.

Best regards, Marius

Marius
#4 | Posted: 26 Apr 2010 04:31 

Screenshot second try ...

Andre Santos
Carthago
#5 | Posted: 26 Apr 2010 15:17 
Thanks for the info on your task scenario.

Marius wrote:
Or wait, while I'm writing this, there's a difference. The first appointment also took place the week before, the second one doesn't. Maybe the first occurrence in the series is taken for sorting, not the actual one?

It must be this, however i'm trying to recreate this and so far without any success.

Series, like having a meeting at 16:00-18:00 every Wednesday, do display fine. and in correct order.
Multi-day events, starting the day before, or even the week before, DeskTask handles them fine.

You state that the appointment "also" took place the week before unlike the other one which belongs to a series. How can I configure this in Outlook?

Thanks!

André Santos

Marius
#6 | Posted: 27 Apr 2010 12:08 
Hi!

Would it help if I send you a .pst file of the last two months? Just tell me your mail-address; I guess that would be the most reliable way for a replication.

Cheers!

Andre Santos
Carthago
#7 | Posted: 28 Apr 2010 06:09 
Marius wrote:
Would it help if I send you a .pst file of the last two months? Just tell me your mail-address; I guess that would be the most reliable way for a replication.

Yes.. that would be great

If possible send it to support@carthagosoft.net

Thanks,

André Santos

Marius
#8 | Posted: 10 May 2010 11:00 
Update: It works perfectly now. It seems the problem only occurs when I establish a new event series. After the first occurrence has passed, the rest of the series is treated (and sorted) correctly on my desktop. Maybe this helps.

Cheers!
Marius

DeskTask Carthago Software forums / DeskTask /
 Appointment days not sorted correctly

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.