DeskTask Carthago Software forums / DeskTask /  

Office 2007 + SP2 kill DeskTask

SOG
#1 | Posted: 30 Apr 2009 12:42 
After installing new SP2 (just released) on the Office 2007 DeskTask not working, 1.1 Beta 3 as well. Excuse my english.

Andre Santos
Carthago
#2 | Posted: 30 Apr 2009 15:11 
Hi,

Thanks for your report.

What is the error (if any) after updating to Office 2007 SP2 ?

Thanks,

André Santos
Carthago Software Support
http://www.carthagosoft.net

SOG
#3 | Posted: 30 Apr 2009 17:30 
I`m sorry, all resolved. One plug-in disabled after updating Office. Restarting plug-in brought solution. It`s OK now. Thank you.

Andre Santos
Carthago
#4 | Posted: 30 Apr 2009 17:59 
Hi,

Ok, false alarm, thanks anyway.

Plugins can sometimes be a problem.

Regards,

André Santos

Esteves
#5 | Posted: 11 May 2009 21:53 
I am having the same problems as SOG and would like to know which plugin he is referring to and, being rather new on PC's, how to he cured it.
Thanks

Esteves
#6 | Posted: 16 May 2009 08:39 
Problem resolved. Because I had Office repaired I hoped to have cured Vista-DeskTask problems as advised in FAQ and therefore asked for more info.
Being fedup I disinstalled MS office and reinstalled again. Everything running fine now. Stupid me, could have done it before.
Am still interested to know which plug-in SOG repaired.
Thank you

Revan
#7 | Posted: 17 Aug 2009 01:20 
Hi,

I installed Office 2007 (on Windows 7 x64) yesterday and DeskTask worked great. Today I used Windows Update to install the Office SP2 and some Help updates. Now every time I launch DeskTask i get the standard Windows Program Crash report for Office Outlook and after i close that, I get a small error window saying "the remote procedure call failed" from DeskTask.

So I'd be very interested in how SOG and Esteves solved their problems (preferably without reinstalling and just not updating to SP2).

Thanks

Revan
#8 | Posted: 19 Aug 2009 05:13 
So since I can't live without DeskTask and I haven't heard anything from you yet, I've decided to reinstall Office and just not update it. I'd still be glad to hear if the problem is known and being worked on.

Thanks

PS: Sorry for the doublepost, I was denied editing my previous one.

Andre Santos
Carthago
#9 | Posted: 19 Aug 2009 15:45 
Revan wrote:
So since I can't live without DeskTask and I haven't heard anything from you yet, I've decided to reinstall Office and just not update it.

Have the reinstall solved the problem?

Revan wrote:

I'd still be glad to hear if the problem is known and being worked on.

All problems with Office 2007+SP2 reported are in this thread and apparently are related to plugins.

Outlook Plugins that cause problems with DeskTask are at fault, not DeskTask. Since I don't have the code to change those plugins, it's the respective manufactures that have to insure they work without problems and in any circumstances, including automation, which is the way DeskTask retrieves data from Outlook.

Thanks,
André Santos

Revan
#10 | Posted: 21 Aug 2009 02:38 
The reinstall did solve the problem. I'm just not going to update Outlook to be sure it won't break again.
Thanks for your reply.

Andre Santos
Carthago
#11 | Posted: 21 Aug 2009 14:41 
Revan wrote:
The reinstall did solve the problem. I'm just not going to update Outlook to be sure it won't break again.
Thanks for your reply.

Glad to hear that.

Giving support to DeskTask is not the easiest task in the world, as it depends on the sometimes unstable Outlook.

Thanks,

André Santos

DeskTask Carthago Software forums / DeskTask /
 Office 2007 + SP2 kill DeskTask

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.