DeskTask Carthago Software forums / DeskTask /  

Feature idea: colored bullets.

kunkel321
#1 | Posted: 21 Mar 2008 08:32 
Hi Andre and All,

I'm a heavy user of Outlook Calendar categories. Also I'm a heavy user of color coordinating. I even have my Palm Pilot calendar categories color coordinated to match those of outlook.

I was thinking that it would be nice to have this reflected in DeskTask. The problem, though, is that I think certain colors would be hard to see because they would blend in with the Windows desktop picture.

Then I was thinking: Have the Subject of the calendar items a plain color (as they are now) but have an option to put big colored bullets (icons?) to the left of the items to signify their categories. Such as:

Calendar
[red dot] 2:00 pm Meeting with Jones
[blue dot] 4:00 pm Pick up kids.

I guess to implement this you'd have to have an extra dialog in "Options > Calendar > Categories" that would let you manually assign colors (or custom icons?) to the individual categories. Note: I'm not sure how this would work if a person had multiple categories on a single calendar item.... I guess DeskTask would have to display multiple bullets/icons??
[red][blue] 3:00 pm Meet wife at work

Anyway, it's just an idea... What do other forum members think, would this be a useful feature, or should Andre spend his coding-time on other things?

steve

DeskTask Carthago Software forums / DeskTask /
 Feature idea: colored bullets.

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.