DeskTask Carthago Software forums / DeskTask /  

Do not show days that have no appointments

Chretien Straetmans
#1 | Posted: 2 Feb 2008 04:27 
Is there a possibility not to show days that do not have appointments at all? That way, you would only see the next number of days that do have appointments. Or is this something for a future release?

Andre Santos
Carthago
#2 | Posted: 4 Feb 2008 12:48 
Hi,

Chretien Straetmans wrote:
Is there a possibility not to show days that do not have appointments at all? That way, you would only see the next number of days that do have appointments. Or is this something for a future release?

Can you expand on that, Desktask does not show "empty" days on the calendar.

Thanks,

André Santos
Carthago Software Support
http://www.carthagosoft.net

Chretien Straetmans
#3 | Posted: 11 Feb 2008 08:50 
Hi André,

Assume it is 1 February now, and there are no appointments in my agenda on 1 February till 10 February. As of 11 February, I have an appointment in my agenda every day.
If I allow Desktask to "look ahead" 5 days, then I will see no appointments at all until the date is 7 February as 11 February is, then, shown for the first time.

What I would like to see in Desktask is the following possibility:
Even though it is 1 February now, I would like to see the appointments on 11 February till 15 February (If I still allow Desktask to look 5 days ahead).
That way, I would be informed earlier than now what appointments I have in the future.

For me, 1 February till 10 February are "empty" days, as there are no appointments in my agenda, so my agenda is "empty" on those days.

May be this can be realised in a future release of Desktask by a selecting the option to not include days without appointments in the number of days ahead that Desktask is allowed to look ahead.

Thank you for paying attention tot this question.

Andre Santos
Carthago
#4 | Posted: 22 Mar 2008 08:59 
Hi,

Your idea is a good idea, however is not very practical due to the method on how the data is retrieved from Outlook, Desktask asks for appointments between a range of dates, hence it would be required to constantly asking data until the X days are fulfilled, it's not practical.

I would suggest increasing the days in the option "Days to show ahead"

Thanks

André Santos
Carthago Software Support
http://www.carthagosoft.net

Chretien Straetmans
#5 | Posted: 4 Apr 2008 13:22 
Hi André,

Thank you for paying attention to my question.
You mentioned that the program would have to keep asking data until the X days are filled. What, however, if Daesktask would ask for data using date ranges (not data) of exactly one (1) day? That way you could increase a counter by 1 only if there are data inside that one-day-range until the counter would reach the preset days ahead.

Chretien Straetmans
#6 | Posted: 4 Apr 2008 13:27 
Hi André,

Thank you for paying attention to my question.
You mentioned that the program would have to keep asking data until the X days are filled because it uses range of dates. I assume that Desktask creates this range by adding the number of days ahead to today's date.
What, however, if Desktask would ask for data using date ranges of exactly one (1) day? That way you could increase a counter by 1 only if there are data inside that one-day-range until the counter would reach the preset days ahead.

I have increased the number of days ahead, although it does not do what I would like the program to do.

Tnaks

Chrétien

DeskTask Carthago Software forums / DeskTask /
 Do not show days that have no appointments

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.