DeskTask Carthago Software forums / DeskTask /  

Suggestions for 0.5b

lloyd
#1 | Posted: 20 May 2005 20:51 
Hi André, you're doing a great job with DeskTask.

I have a few suggestions which you may or may not have already thought of.

1. Add functionality to hide or show DeskTask on the desktop. This could be a simple left-click on the tray icon to toggle the display of the form.
2. Add an "Apply" button to the options dialog box.
3. When "Snap to Desktop Edges" is activated, make the form snap with a 5px (or whatever border you like) so it isn't squashed up against the corner of the monitor.
4. I don't know if its possible, but try to add a shadow that works more like the XP shadows under desktop icons. (I guess its some sort of Drop Shadow).

Cheers
Lloyd

Andre Santos
Carthago
#2 | Posted: 21 May 2005 02:51 
lloyd wrote:
Hi André, you're doing a great job with DeskTask

Thanks, glad you are enjoying it!

lloyd wrote:
1. Add functionality to hide or show DeskTask on the desktop. This could be a simple left-click on the tray icon to toggle the display of the form.

Thanks, could be ended useful, into the to-do list for next version.

lloyd wrote:
2. Add an "Apply" button to the options dialog box

This should have been done first time around when the options dialog box was introduced, but I ran into other kind of problems and with the preview did not remember that, will be on the next version.

lloyd wrote:
When "Snap to Desktop Edges" is activated, make the form snap with a 5px (or whatever border you like) so it isn't squashed up against the corner of the monitor

At the moment is 2 pixels, maybe I can increment this number, or better make it an option? You can always override this behavior pressing CTRL while dragging the window.

lloyd wrote:
4. I don't know if its possible, but try to add a shadow that works more like the XP shadows under desktop icons. (I guess its some sort of Drop Shadow).

I can understand it would look better when compared to the icons on the desktop Windows XP, but the amount of time required to make this could not worth the effort. Not a primary issue I want to deal with right now.

Keep those suggestions coming

Thanks,

André Santos
Carthago Software Support
http://www.carthagosoft.net

DeskTask Carthago Software forums / DeskTask /
 Suggestions for 0.5b

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.